Monday, October 22, 2012

J. Crew - October (III)

Last week I stopped into my B&M store to check out a few new arrivals. It seems our store is getting stock on a different schedule than the others, but we are glad to get them nevertheless. The first item I tried on was the Perfect Shirt in Blackwatch. I took a quick look at it on the hanger and assessed that size 4 would probably be too narrow for me. I was correct, but there was no size 6 available. Normally I take size 2 in tops and shirts and size 4 in the more fitted ones. I liked it, but not loved it. I still think it will sell out quickly. It always does, it seems.


An older photo of the Collection Cashmere Cable Sweater in 'fresh purple,' which looks blue on my monitor. I am wearing size S, or my normal sweater size. The cables are not chunky at all, and of course the sweater is extremely soft. This colour is currently on sale, and the code OURTREAT applies for an additional 30% off.


Since I am trying on cashmere, here are more recent photos of the Collection Cashmere Waffle Colorblock Sweater. This one is also size S and the colour is called 'flax fennel dusk.' The knit is thinner than I expected from a 'waffle' pattern. I like this sweater quite a bit.


 The other colour is called 'poppy navy caramel' and I like it too. Doesn't quite go with my Madewell skirt.


And lastly, the Stadium Cloth Slim Trench size 4 and 'navy.' I tried on the 'smoky coral here before. I like the navy version much better than the pink, but it's still too short and too fitted for my liking.


That's all for now. I have a few more photos for a future post. And of course, we are getting the new arrivals (hopefully)  tomorrow. Can't wait to check them out. I already posted my picks in the previous post.

Another sale at JC with code OURTREAT is good through next Sunday for an additional 30% off final sale items. I don't know about you, but I am shopped out. I got a couple of cardigans during the previous sale, and I am yet to see them. Are you taking advantage of this promo? What did you get? Please share!

Have a lovely Tuesday and thank you for visiting! Speaking of Tuesday, here's a song from one of my favourite groups:


10 comments:

  1. I'm feeling shopped out at the moment, too. I did pick up some things (TWICE!) last week - Cece flats in tortoise (price was too good to pass up!), 2 of the striped rugby boatnecks (sadly, I now have all three!) and another Tippi. It's nice to see that quite a few items are cheaper in Canada for once!

    I'm loving the blackwatch PS and the colorblock sweaters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good scores! I love the Tippi sweaters!

      Delete
  2. I am loving that purply blue sweater on you and the grey-white one is great and would work for fancy and caj alike. That coat is a really nice line on you too - the belt really makes it smart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jody! Love the cashmere sweaters a lot!

      Delete
  3. Oh I like how the slim trench is almost like a topper for your skirt and I think you look great with the fitted shape.

    I am pretty shopped out too. Husby is happy and I'm rather relieved though I'm stalking the sparkle row cami and Collection crepe shawl blazer in my size.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, tiffany rose! Hope you are able to snatch it on sale.

      Delete
  4. Yup, count me in the shopped out club but I bet you that won't stop me :)
    Everything looks great on you but I find the design lacking. I miss the J Crew that had memorable pieces!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's too funny! Thank you. I know what you mean. Same old, same old. How about something new and exciting?

      Delete
  5. Love the green plaid top, it is so super chic! - xo


    www.loveandcompanyblog.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Christie! Thanks for visiting! It is a cute one!

      Delete

Spam will be deleted.