Tuesday, October 9, 2012

J. Crew - October (II)

A few more photos of some of the try-ons in the last couple of weeks or so. First is the Dream Colorblock Sweater size S and 'royal cabernet.' Fits TTS and is a substantial knit. Love both the blue and the cabernet colour. The pants are the Stovepipe Trousers in Wool Check size 2, or my usual JC pants size. These pants are all wool and fully lined. I liked them, but I don't need another pair of wool pants.

Dream Colorblock Sweater (similar here, here)
Stovepipe Trousers in Wool Check  (similar here, here, here)

No. 2 Pencil Skirt in Graphic Print size 2, or my usual pencil skirt size. The fabric is 81% wool / 19% silk and feels fabulous on. It is a similar fabric to that of the Snakeprint Skirt, which is 82% wool / 18% silk. I was not a big fan of this skirt when it debuted, but I have to say that it has grown on me. The Jeweled Sweatshirt is all cotton, with some embroidery of crystal, beads and sequins. I liked the sweatshirt, but probably won't be getting it, since I already have the Beaded Sequin Sweatshirt from last year, which I got from a lovely JCA.

  Jeweled Sweatshirt (similar here, here)
No. 2 Pencil Skirt in Graphic Print (similar here)

Next is the Classic Merino Long Cardigan in 'marled camel' and sizes S (left photo) and M (right photo). You may have seen the 'neon fuchsia' here before.I already have thew Cocoon Cardigan in the same colour from last year, so no more beige cardigans for me.

 
Classic Merino Long Cardigan (similar here, here, here)
Minnie Pants in Bi-Stretch Wool (similar here, here, here)

Lastly, the Merino Zigzag Sweater (item 13756) size XS is sold out online, but I saw several still available in the store. This is a size smaller than I normally take. The sweater is quite fitted and very tightly knit. I didn't feel the wool itchy at all. It should have been a long-sleeved sweater, in my opinion. I would have liked it even more then.

 

That's all for now. A few more photos remain for a future post.

The SHOPJCREW code will get you an additional 25% off final sale items through October 12. Edit: it is now code MUSTHAVE for 30% off through Sunday, October 14. That's even better.

Fortunately, I don't need anything, so I will be passing on this one. Has anything caught your eye recently in the sale section? What did you decide on?

As always, thank you for stopping by and have a great Wednesday, everyone!

4 comments:

  1. Oh My Gosh! Until I saw the IRL picture, I never knew that the first skirt had some blue in it! My wretched laptop monitor!

    I wish I could wear the long cardigan - I am so short that it always looks like I am wearing my dad's clothes! I like the minnies. I am contemplating ordering a wool pair to try in a tall which would just hit me at the ankle and be a little warmer for the winter!

    Thanks for the reviews!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My monitor shows purple as all kinds of blues. Go figure.

      I love the minnies in tall sizes. They are so comfy and warm!

      Delete
  2. I have my eye on the polka dot skirt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you are able to get it, cutemedic! :)

      Delete

Spam will be deleted.