Wednesday, October 10, 2012

J. Crew Fatigue Jacket

Today I finally received the Fatigue Jacket I ordered during the outerwear promo. I was looking forward to receiving this, as rain season is just around the corner. The jacket is unlined cotton, it has buttons as well as a zipper, large front pockets and an interior pocket (second photo). Inside drawstrings can be adjusted to make the jacket more fitted. This is a size S, my usual size in sweaters and coats, and there is room for a thick sweater to wear underneath.


The jacket has a detachable hood, which I like, but on closer inspection I noticed the thread used to sew the hood buttons on is showing on the inside of the collar. I would have expected better workmanship on a $298 jacket (original price).

 

I liked  the detachable hood idea, the drawstrings inside the jacket, as well as the patches on the elbows:


And here I am trying it on. It definitely doesn't hit me below the knee, like the description says, and which is something I had hoped. It is longer than my old coat, and longer than many coats out there, however.  Here I am also trying the Tall Minnies in Bi-Stretch Wool, which arrived as well. Tall size 2 Minnies hit me at the ankle, so they are nice and warm in the cold weather. The flats (my first pair) are the Cece Tortoise Ballet Flats size 8 (my regular shoe size), which I got on my trip to Seattle for a steal.

 Fatigue Jacket
Tall Minnies in Bi-Stretch Wool
 Cece Tortoise Ballet Flats

What did you think of the Fatigue Jacket? Do you own it, or are you considering it?

J. Crew did it to us again. Code MUSTHAVE will get you 30% off final sale items through Sunday, October 14. Have you taken advantage of this promotion? Please share!


8 comments:

  1. I have enough rain gear or I'd be awfully tempted, it looks great on you. Even if it doesn't hit below your knee, it's a good proportion with your minnies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, tiffany rose. I like it despite the length too.

      Delete
  2. Rose - this looks great! And I am definitely ordering those minnies in a tall. They will hit me perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, WMM! You won't regret it, come those Maritime winters! :)

      Delete
  3. I am loving the Cabernet stretch wool pants! Sooo tempting. Two thumbs up!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, cutemedic! They are really comfy.

      Delete
  4. The coat looks great on you and I'll bet it is so functional for your climate. Too bad about the threads and the misrepresentation on the length. It's getting real annoying trying to figure out how long things really are when shopping J.Crew online. Thanks for the review Rose.

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted.