Sunday, October 14, 2012

J. Crew Factory - October

A while back when CC and I drove down to Seattle, we also made a stop at the Outlet on I-5. The first thing that grabbed my attention was the Heart Me Sweater (item 93199) size S in the flame/peach colourway. You may have seen the regular retail store of this version here last year. The factory version comes in the same 3 colours as last year's sweater. The others are navy/green and beige/navy. The skirt is the Factory No. 2 Pencil Skirt in textured Tweed size 2. I have already blogged about this skirt here before.

Factory Heart Me Sweater (item 93199)(similar here, here, here)
Factory No. 2 Pencil Skirt (similar here, here)

Factory Skimmer Pant in Wool (size 4, 'bright dahlia'). These pants fit the same as size 2 Cafe Capri in Wool. I liked them quite a bit. The flats are also factory - the Printed Tortoise Ballet Flats (style #36024) and they fit TTS. Unfortunately, they are not patent leather like the Ceces I got (seen here). Too bad, as they look pretty good and seem comfortable. The shirt is the Factory Novelty Classic Button-Down size S and 'navy thistle' that I grabbed to try on with the pants and which was on super sale.

 Factory Novelty Classic Button-Down (similar here, here, here)
Factory Skimmer Pant in Wool (similar here, here, here) 
 Factory Patent Tortoise Ballet Flats (similar here, here, here) 

Lastly, the Factory Classic Sweater-Dress size S and 'black.' It's on sale for $48 right now and this would make a nice dress winter dress for a shorter gal or a tunic for someone like me or taller. (I am 5'6"). I liked the dress, but I already own one in this colour (as well as the purple one offered).

Factory Classic Sweater-Dress (similar here, here, here)

How do you like the new factory website? Personally, I am pleased there is a 'Search' function now. To celebrate the new website, J. Crew Factory offers free shipping through November 1 when you sign up here. As well, items are marked down up to 40% right now.

How do you like the Factory offerings this fall? Anything you like or got?

As always, thanks for dropping by my blog and have a lovely day tomorrow!


9 comments:

  1. I saw the Wool Skimmers in store and was surprised at their quality -- and the fact that they have a lining! -- despite the material being a wool blend. It actually makes them seem more palatable than having a 100% wool pant, but with thin wool, and no lining. I might bite if I can find my size. I wonder if the FP J. Crew couldn't reduce the wool content a little in order to have an actual lining?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was surprised too at their quality. Hope you find your size.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the reviews - I have been wondering about the factory capris and now that I see them on you -- I swoon -- They must be mine. Hope all is well - jcrewcrazy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, Jcrewcrazy! I was surprised they were so cute.

      Delete
  3. The closest Crewlet is 45 minutes away so I shop online. I've been pleasantly surprised by how much I like the few things I've picked up ... the printed skimmer pants worn in my post today, two-pocket chambray shirt, tees and cardis. I'm very careful to check ingredients though, and will not buy anything poly or mystery blend. Thanks for your reviews. You look fab in all three outfits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Be right over to check them. Glad you found some treasures at the online Factory store. Thank you, tiffany rose!

      Delete
  4. Thanks so much for the reviews! I saw the Heart Me sweaters in store as well but was in a rush - any chance you know the fabric content on these?
    I actually quite like the Wool Factory Skimmers and prefer them to the retail version. In spite of the wool blend, they feel smooth, drape well, and aren't itchy, especially with the lining (which is a nice detail). I did find that the fabric of the wool houndstooth is different from the solid skimmers - I found it crazy itchy, even with the lining, and they were also a bit tighter in the thigh. They went back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome, Paula, and thanks for visiting! Yes, I do know, and I forgot to write it in the post. It is 36% viscose, 34% nylon, 25% merino wool, 5% alpaca. Last year's version which I have is 55% wool, 30% nylon, 15% cashmere and it pilled like crazy.

      I do have the pants in houndstooth wool from last year and they are itchy, but I am not sensitive to wool, so it doesn't bother me.

      Delete
  5. Thanks for these reviews! I ordered the cotton/silk polka dot shirt a couple weeks ago (backordered until Oct. 23) and I hope it is decent. Now going to check out the wool skimmers - very pleased to hear they have a wool lining! I just wish the Factory skirts were longer. There is now a JC Factory store at Vaughan Mills, but that's over an hour's drive away from where I live so it's not I will have to stick with ordering online.

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted.