Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Gap New Arrivals Picks - October

It seems like I just looked at the Gap new arrivals and another roll-out has popped on the website. I have already seen the Fitted Boyfriend Popover Shirt at one of the local Gap stores a while ago. In fact there was only one left when I visited. It has a cute apple print, so no wonder it sold out quickly.


The  Printed Twill Shirt comes in two colourways (coral and yellow), and is some kind of abstract animal print.


Luxe Jersey Cowlneck Top comes in 5 different colours and it is made of cool cotton/modal and has a great price point ($24.95).

Luxe Jersey Cowlneck Top

Octavia Waffle Henley could have been the go-to piece for casual layering this winter, since it comes in eight great colours, but the poly in it killed it for me.


1969 Always Skinny Velvet Pants in blue or black. I particularly love this blue and will have to check it out in person. Usually I stay away from cord or velvet pants, but this colour is hard to resist.

1969 Always Skinny Velvet Pants (similar here, here, here)

1969 Always Skinny Plaid Pants seem like a nice colour too - another one to check out. 

1969 Always Skinny Plaid Pants (similar here, here, here)

For the polka dot lovers, the Slim Cropped Refined Dot in cotton with 2% spandex.

Slim Cropped Refined Dot

I am a sweater dress convert as of last year, so will have to see how long the Striped Merino Sweater Dress is. This might work well as a tunic over some skinny pants.

Striped Merino Sweater Dress

The Gap has at least one nice leather jacket every fall, and this year is no exception: Washed  Leather Jacket. 

And how about the Calf Hair Belt which also comes in 'crisp royal blue'?


I am hoping to visit the Gap this weekend and check some of these myself. The Gap is offering 30% off the entire online purchase through tomorrow with code GAPEARLY and 25% off on Friday.

Have you checked out the new arrivals? Did you pick up anything? Please share.





10 comments:

  1. The printed twill shirt is quite nice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so too and hope to try it on soon.

      Delete
  2. Those royal blue velvet pants are gorgeous! They are available in dark navy too. I read one negative comment about JCrew's velvet pants on JCA, so it's good to know there are alternatives. I'm sure there are many alt.'s, but I don't have time to look/shop around!

    Thanks for posting the gap picks! I rarely check them out like I used to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely worth trying them on, considering they are so much cheaper. Thank you for visiting!

      Delete
  3. i really like the dotted pants, but they're not on the canadian site - the leather jacket also really looks nice!

    phiphi's blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They will probably appear soon on the Canadian site as well. Sometimes it takes a few days. I liked the Gap leather jackets in the past.

      Delete
  4. I do like those velvet pants. Might be a goer for the holidays. Must go into Gap, had written it off but they have some good things now...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they seem quite different, don't they? Me too, but they are starting to appeal to me again.

      Delete
  5. Love the apple shirt and the sweater dress. I just checked the website and the petite sizes are almost all sold out. Only size L left. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Figures that they would sell so quickly.

      Delete

Spam will be deleted.