Saturday, October 20, 2012

Anthropologie - October

The Dotted Jacquard Sweater Skirt was one of my favourites at Anthro during my last visit. It is a knit wool/acrylic skirt and I loved the fit and the colours in it.

Dotted Jacquard Sweater Skirt

And here it is IRL in size S, or my usual size in skirts. This skirt is 21.5" long and it hits me above the knee (I am 5'6"). I am wearing it with the Marooner Swing Jacket also size S and 'ivory.' The jacket is a substantial merino wool and I loved it too. It also comes in a 'dark grey' and 'moss.'

 

Transverse Placket Sweater. Could have been an interesting idea, but execution is not good. The placket is knitted with large gauge needles and where it is attached to the rest of the sweater you can see holes (white arrows).

Transverse Placket Sweater (similar colour cardis here, here)

Next was the Fairisle Blazer also in size S. I am not usually a big fan of the fair isle patterns, but this one is so colourful, I liked it instantly. It's all lambswool and quite substantial. The skirt is the Fringed Hem Sweater Skirt size S, and it is a tad shorter than the one above. It's a fun weekend piece, in my opinion.

Fairisle Blazer (similar cardis here, here, here)

Next is the Harlequin Patchwork Sweater size XS, or a size smaller than my usual size. I thought it looked like fun on the rack, but I don't see myself wearing something like this. Plus the content label says: "cotton, wool, acrylic, polyester, alpaca, mohair" with a cotton/modal lining. They covered all fiber groups there, I see. :D

 
And lastly, an older photo of the Jacquard Lace Hoodie size S. Sorry for the dark photo on the left. I really liked this hoodie the moment I laid eyes on it. I wouldn't count on this to keep me warm, as it's more of a show piece. It also comes in navy. The pants are the MiH Paris Aviators in 'shadow' and I blogged about them back in September.

 MiH Paris Aviator (on sale here)

What else I'm liking at Anthro these days:

Tweed dots pullover 
Floral still life pullover


Have you been to Anthro lately? What's on your Anthro Wishlist?

The sun is making its way hrough the clouds so I have to hit the beach for a walk before the rain starts again. As always, thanks for visiting and have a lovely weekend, everyone!

11 comments:

  1. Thanks for the reviews! They are always helpful :)
    Love the Dotted Jacquard Sweater Skirt. Thanks for the input on the Tranverse Placket sweater: that's disappointing the stitching flaws :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi amles! Thanks for visiting! I love that skirt too!

      Delete
  2. That Anthro skirt looks gorgeous on you! I tried it on during my last trip to the store and it was a total fail. So jealous!
    Thank you so much for your helpful reviews!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you, and thanks for visiting, Anthro Blogger!

      Delete
  3. Love that skirt and first jacket, as well as that fun fringed skirt! Thanks for the reviews! it's really nice to see Anthro stuff on a real person as sometimes it looks nice in product photos but is actually super weird IRL. xD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for these great reviews, as always! I picked up the Jacquard Dot Skirt a few weeks ago, and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome, rynetta! Great to read you love it too!

      Delete
  5. Thanks for the reviews! The sweater skirt looks great on you. I may have to try it on next time I'm in the store. I have a few things that are hanging out on my wishlist, waiting for a sale (Devin Henley, Lines and Lace Pullover). I would also like to pick up a pair of AG Stevie cords sometime soon. I'm hoping the 25% off sale rumors are true.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a birthday discount card and am hoping to snatch it up too with a sale stacked on. Love the AG pants a lot too!

      Delete
  6. Thanks for the review! Both skirts look great on you. I love the sweater skirt. Might have to go try it on myself. I'm hoping my birthday discount card will arrive any day now.

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted.