Friday, September 28, 2012

J. Crew - September (VIII)

Here are some pics of some items I tried on recently. The Majesty Peacoat size 4 and 'vintage berry.' This is the same coat I tried on in the 'navy' last year. The colour is delicious. As you know, I am a sucker for pink, and I love this jacket. The scarf is the French Hen Scarf, in the same motif as the blouse I blogged about here. The scarf is all wool, and I love it, but it is huge, as you can see from the photo.


Next is the Oversize Merino Sweater size XXS and 'modern red.' This sweater is supposed to fit large, apparently, but this is 2 sizes smaller than I normally wear. I didn't think I would like it as much as I did, and the 2 side pockets were unexpected. The knit is substantial, probably even more so than my merino pencil skirt.


Next is the Honeycomb Sweater size S. The sweater is too large in my regular size, but I didn't feel inspired enough to try a smaller size on since I didn't like the fiber combo (acrylic/wool/cotton/other fibers 49/34/15/2) at all. I suspect the sleeves would still be too long even in size XS.

Honeycomb Sweater (similar here, here, here)

Classic Merino Long Cardigan in size S and 'neon fuchsia' fits TTS. I liked this sweater and wouldn't mind it in a darker colour to wear with the Minnies this winter.


Lastly, the  Sweater Pencil Skirt in Colorblock I got during the LOVEIT promo. It looks ok from the front, but the skirt is too large and flares front and back. I measured it against my old merino pencil skirt and in comparison, the new one is much larger. Needless to add that the colorblock skirt will be returned.

 Sweater Pencil Skirt in Colorblock (colorblock sweater skirts here, here)

Merino Pencil Skirt (seen here)

The 25% off sale with code STYLE25 plus free shipping on $150+ orders continues through Sunday. Since the discount applies to full price items as well, I am curious if you got anything exciting? Please share.

Thank you for reading and hope you have a wonderful weekend ahead!

14 comments:

  1. I love that coat on you!

    It drives me mad that the sizing is so off from season to season and between items. I have every size my closet from a 4 to a 10 because of this very reason! My husband never has to guess! Wouldn't that be wonderful?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it makes it so hard for me, why on earth can't they sort that out?

      I love cheery coloured jackets in winter, you should go for it Rose.

      Delete
    2. Thanks, WMM & T.! It's a pretty colour, isn't it? Yes, I wish sizing would be more consistent, for sure.

      Delete
  2. argh on the sizing issues!! thank you for these reviews!!

    i got a navy and a houndstooth schoolboy blazer. needed for work, and it was a good promo given that i will be in the US.

    xox P

    phiphisblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love the houndstooth blazer! It's all wool and it will last a lifetime, probably. Enjoy!

      Delete
  3. The pink coat is such a lovely color, I'm a sucker for pink myself but I'm having blue period lately. It's too bad about the merino skirt, it's always a disappointment when the sizing changes from season to season. I received the garden lace pencil skirt from ebay but it was defective and the seller allowed me to return it. So disappointed because it was lovely otherwise. Oh well, I have many others to wear.

    I bought a cashmere LS tee on the style25 promo as well as a jacket for my husband. I bought my fist cashmere LS tee last year in Fiesta Purple and I really love it so I thought it was a good promo to pick up another that I can wear soon. We are expecting snow/rain later next week already. Seems I have yet to get used to the idea of such cold weather and so early in the year. Every fall I freak out with the first freeze.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Snow?! We are expecting 102F on Monday!

      Delete
    2. Sorry to read about your skirt, xoxo. Maybe you will able to find another one. Great buys for cashmere!

      Yikes on the snow/rain situation. I am supposed to be there in a week. Oh well! I will just have to wear my cashmere then too. :)

      Delete
    3. tiffany rose, how we envy you!

      Delete
  4. I love the pink in that pea coat with the brass buttons- gorgeous! one of these days I'm gonna get me a colourful J Crew coat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's very pretty, but be aware that the buttons are gold. If I didn't have 2 short coats already I would probably go for this one.

      Delete
  5. I was tempted by the sweater skirt but thought it likely too long for me, your review confirmed my suspicions. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely too long, so good judgement.

      Delete
  6. I was shocked at how cheap I found the peacoat fabric to be this year. They really have taken shortcuts and it is noticeable. Saddens me as this color is beautiful and the green looks pretty spectacular as well! J Crew sure knows how to do color right but I cannot bring myself to buy this coat even on super sale:(

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted.