Monday, September 24, 2012

J. Crew - September (VII)

Yesterday CC and I made our way to the local JC again. I noticed a few new items that I haven't seen previously, among them the Optic Dot Top size 2, my usual top size at JC. I liked this top better than the previous Optic Dot Tee seen here. The top is 100% rayon. Minnie Pants in Bi-StretchWool size 2 and 'cabernet' were also new and they are favourites with me.  I have the other colours from last year and love them.

Optic Dot Top (similar here)
Mona Patent Pumps (similar here, low heel here)

The Sparkle Row Cami is also new. This is size 2 and fits a bit tight across the chest on me. The 'vintage ivory' colour doesn't do much for my skin tone, so I would probably prefer the navy version. It's 100% silk and lined with poly.

 Sparkle Row Cami (similar here, here)

The shoes are the Cece Patent Leather Tortoise Shell Ballet Flats (item #49254), now sold out on the website but on sale in the store still. I have tried several versions of the Cece flats before (seen here), and they seem comfortable. We shall see how I do with these. The darker spots in them are the same 'cabernet' colour as the minnies, so I think they will go nicely together.

Cece Patent Leather Tortoise Shell Ballet Flats
 (similar here, here, here)

Lastly, the Mona Tassel Heels size 8 1/2. This is one half size larger than my regular shoe size. Unlike the patent ones which tend to slip off my heels, these didn't. I wasn't particularly excited about them when I saw them on the website, but I have to admit I liked them instantly in real life.


The new rollout will be in stores October 1, we were told. Can't wait. How about you?

Hope your week has started well and thank you for visiting!

11 comments:

  1. You look great in those pants! I wore my new Cece's all day today...walked to work in them, at the office, ran out for errands at lunch... felt pretty comfy, eventually the elastic did start to feel pinchy, but didn't give me blisters. Should break in nicely with a few more wears. Green lighting them for you to sport at the office ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, CC! Glad the Cece's are bearable (and wearable). :D

      Delete
  2. October 1st? Are the new rollouts speeding up now? Or does it just seem that way?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is what one of the SAs said, but I am not 100% sure she was correct. I saw Tammy say on the JCA that it is Wednesday. We shall see... usually the stores get their new stock before it shows up on the website.

      Delete
  3. Oh - I like those cabernet minnies! I do not have the wool ones - are they lined or do they itch at all? I love the MOnas on you! Too high for my poor feet! The tortoise shell ones are more likely candidates! Thanks for the reviews!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are not lined as they are supposed to fit close to the leg, so the lining wouldn't look good underneath. I love them too! :)

      Delete
  4. Yay! I also got the cece's during the 30% off sale, just waiting for them to arrive now :) so excited!

    Tasia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Enjoy! They seem to be almost sold out on the website.

      Delete
  5. Thank you for the photo of the cabernet Minnie pants! ! I have been eying those on the website but my local stores do not have the bi-stretch wool Minnies in stock. They look fantastic on you and I am almost ready to order online but wish I could try them on first... Do they fit similarly to the other Minnie pants? and yes, like WMM asked - do they itch? Thanks again, so helpful seeing the clothes being modeled ! Wendy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find the wool ones are more stretchy, if that's possible, but they keep their shape better. The fit is similar, in my opinion. I don't find them itchy, but I am not very sensitive to wool.

      Delete
    2. Thank you! Can't wait to try them :)

      Delete

Spam will be deleted.