Friday, September 14, 2012

J. Crew - September (V)

My week just flew by, so today it's just a short post with a few of my favourite arrivals at J. Crew. First is the Snowcap Quilted Jacket size S and 'authentic red.' This fits TTS for me. I loved the quilt pattern, the zippers and the jersey cuff inserts. It's quite thin and not bulky at all, but still warm due to down content. The red is not as dark as it appears on the website, in my opinion, but it's my favourite shade of red.

 Snowcap Quilted Jacket (similar here, here, here)

Next was the adorable Silk Boy Shirt in French Hen size 2. I am a size 2 in the Blythe Blouse, but this one is gaping a bit in the chest area. Loved the silk and the print, of course. I think the scarf shall be mine. After all, I have a birthday coming up soon. ;)


And here's a close-up of the print:


Lastly, the Collection Sequin Colorblock Tank size S and ivory (the colour code is ICS). I am not a big sequin fan, but these ones are quite different, as they have a longer shape (described 'rectangular' by J. Crew) and are not shiny. They are secured only at one end, as you can see in the label photo below.


Tha's it for now, but more to come:


Have you tried any of these items on? What did you think? 

Thank you for visiting and enjoy your weekend, everybody!
 
 

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for the great reviews! For some reaon, I wouldn't have looked twice at the quilted jacket, but seeing it on you makes me take a second look. I love red as well...

    I am also intrigued by the sequin top but am on a shopping ban for awhile (it will be hard to prove by my blog as I will be debuting a few items I bought earlier this month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those chooks with the red berets look so sweet and jaunty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the snowcap puffer details. It looks light enough for the mild chinook days here. I also like the knit cuffs and the fact that it's not the usual bulky style.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YW, xoxo! Yes, it's for the milder days only. :)

      Delete
  4. Just as you are, I am in love with hen shirt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems we like a lot of the same things.

      Delete

Spam will be deleted.