Wednesday, September 5, 2012

J. Crew - September (II)

This fall I am looking for a couple of wool cardigans, so naturally I had to try the Tipped Merino Cardigan on. It fits TTS (size S and 'navy sand' here). I didn't think I would like at as much as I did, to tell the truth. The only drawback is the 'dry clean only' label.


A new striped top called Multistripe Long-Sleeve Boatneck Tee also size S. I am done with stripes (for now), and since this top has poly in it, it's definitely a pass for me.


A jacket from a previous rollout called Boucle Peplum Jacket size S and 'heather graphite.' It looks much better on the website than IRL. The fabric content label says cotton/acrylic/nylon 78/21/1. It's definitely a pass based on that alone.


And some store inspiration:

Tippi Sweater (in 'retro jade') 

Here's the  No. 2 Pencil Skirt in Double-Serge Wool size 2 and 'retro jade.' The colour looks blue/turquoise on my monitor, but I assure you it is not.


And lastly, I came across this polka dot shirt from Joe Fresh in the grocery store. It is a really good copy of J. Crew's Oxford Boy Shirt in Polka Dot, except this one is only $19. You may have seen my post about this shirt here before.

Joe Fresh Polka Dot Shirt

That's all for now. Tomorrow retailers across North America will be celebrating Fashion's Night out. I am hoping to attend as well. How about you? Will you be participating?

Have a great day tomorrow and thanks for visiting!

14 comments:

  1. That retro jade ensemble is gorgeous! Is the colour really bright in real life, or wearable? I love the two together and the white cuffs look great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's bright, but wearable. You would be a bright spot in the Scottish winter. ;)

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the reviews! Tabs - I own the tippi in retro jade (was in my July duck post) and I find it very wearable - it appears to me to be one of those universally flattering shades! I am contemplating the retro jade skirt now, darn it, though i think it would be too much for my workplace!

    I have an almost identical black cardigan that pink tartan came out with last year which I love!

    Thanks for the tip on Joe Fresh - I love that blouse and will hie me down to the grocery store tonight to see if we have any in! I have decided that since I cannot justify spending much on casual clothes, Joe Fresh may be casual go-to from now on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean about how much you can get away at work. I push my limits every day, I think.

      I have several cotton items from Joe Fresh and they hold up really well.

      Delete
  3. hehe! I have the Joe Fresh shirt too in white and navy :) I adore them :) Viva la Joe Fresh!

    Tasia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you were able to get it! Joe Fresh rocks!

      Delete
  4. Joe Fresh is amazing really. I have to gather all my resolve to go into Superstore as it is just a madhouse but it's worth it once I get there.

    I love the merino tipped cardigan. I have similar from Tommy Hilfiger in cotton/cashmere and it is hand washable, which I can do in my machine. It's about 3 years old now and still holding up well. It's navy and white and not beige though, I like that much better.

    I'm trying to catch up, did you get any of the wool pencil skirts this season? I have the retro jade skirt and Jackie twinset and the colors are a perfect match. I wonder if they would work together or look too uniform-ish on me. Will have to try it.

    Thanks for the photos and reviews Rose!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fortunately, I have several Superstores to choose from around here so it's not that bad to go inside one.

      I have several TH items that hold up well also.

      I snatched the skirt one in crimson maple in Tall and just picked it up yesterday. Went into the store with it today to see what I could possibly match it up with.

      You should try it - I bet it looks pretty.

      Delete
  5. Ooh, the retro jade combo is nice. I have the tippi and skirt in veridian (sp?) green and I'll have to think about pairing them together with a button-down underneath, great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Viridian green should look just as nice, I'm sure!

      Delete
  6. Rose - I just got another 20% off code - do you still need one?

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted.