Sunday, September 2, 2012

J. Crew - September (I)

Here are a few more photos taken at JC in the last little while. I have already reviewed the  Paisley Applique Top a while ago here. Like I mentioned in the previous post, I was disappointed about its quality. Fits TTSThe Cafe Capri in Silky Dot (size 2), on the other hand, I liked a lot. It's a mix of silk & wool. The Mona Two-Tone Patent Mary Janes  reviewed here before. I wouldn't wear these shoes with the pants in real life.

Paisley Applique Top (similar here, here)
Cafe Capri in Silky Dot (similar here)
Mona Two-Tone Patent Mary Janes (similar here, solid colour version here)

The  Colorblock Stripe Top size S and 'spice navy' also fits TTS. It's not a favourite, as this colour doesn't look good on me. The skirt is this year's No. 2 Pencil Skirt in Double Serge Wool (size 2, 'heather acorn') and I posted about it here before.

Colorblock Stripe Top (similar here, here, here)

Peter Pan Collar Sweater size S and in 'crimson chalk' fits TTS. I found this to be itchy due to the alpaca wool, so a cami or a tee would be needed underneath. I wasn't fond of the Peter Pan collar or the pouf at the shoulder (second photo). The Peter Pan Collar Tee was such a disaster I didn't even bother to try it on.


Nicky Blouse in Herringbone size 2 in crepe de chine fits TTS. I loved this top quite a bit, but I am done getting summer tops for now. Second photo is to show the pants, which I loved also. The colour is a bit more lively than the website photo, but it's definitely not too intense.


And how about some traffic stopper shoes? I thought the Valentinas in 'poppy' were bright, but they definitely pale in comparison to the new Etta Cap Toe Patent Pumps in 'neon persimmon.' 


A few more photos will follow in a future post. Hope everyone is having a restful long weekend!

J. Crew is offering free shipping on any item through Sep. 3. 

Also this week Fashion's Nigh Out is happening in cities across North America. We were told J. Crew will also have an in-store event this coming Thursday. I didn't find it listed on the Fashion's Night Out website, though. Check to see which retailers in your city is participating in this event. Will you be?


9 comments:

  1. Thanks for the reviews! I love the silky dot pants on you! I actually linked to your blog in mine this a.m. as I was reviewing the foulard top - it was a huge disappointment for me! I really liked the valentinas in poppy, but went for jade in the end!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, WMM! I like them a lot too! Thanks for the link love!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the reviews! I like the Nicky top- it looks great on you.I wear sleeveless tops under cardis and blazers all year round,. I like not having to fuss with 2 sleeves!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see your point, however I find I need to dry-clean my blazers too often if I wear sleeveless tops.

      Delete
  3. Love the silk dot capri on you. Thanks for the reviews! I, too, tried on the Peter Pan collar sweater in store.I thought it is pretty cute but yes, the itchy factor stops me from bringing it home. You're right about the " pout" on the shoulder. I didn't even notice that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Small Town Gal! I suspect that sweater is not going to sell too well.

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the reviews! Btw, I went to the Rochester eastview mall and got the A line pointe dress the size 2 is perfect!!! I love your blog and I promise to do better by reading all of the questions before asking mine. : ).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great score on the dress! Thanks, cutemedic! :)

      Delete
  5. Capris look fab on you, on me they were a disaster. I hope you get them so I can enjoy looking at them, I had such high hopes.

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted.