Wednesday, September 12, 2012

J. Crew New Arrivals Picks

J. Crew updated the website a day earlier than we are used to, and as always, I have to peruse the new items. Some lovelies there but phew!... Did you see some of the price tags? Is every other item called 'Collection' now to justify the hefty price tag? 

One of my favourites is the Inside-out Fair Isle Sweater. I tried this on in the store yesterday and loved it. It is all wool, and a thicker knit than the Tippis. The 'inside-out' knit might be troublesome (read snag-worthy), but I am usually very careful with my clothes, so I don't think it would be a problem.

Inside-out Fair Isle Sweater

Collection Sequin Colorblock Tank. The B&M store had this in a tan/ivory combo and I liked it quite a bit.

Collection Sequin Colorblock Tank

Jeweled Sweatshirt is all cotton and it looks dressier than it is. Don't recall if this is a new item, but since I only notice it now, it is to me. :)

Jeweled Sweatshirt

The Schoolboy Blazer in Wool Flannel in both 'modern red' and dark grape' caught my eye. The store had the red one and the fabric felt really nice. I'll try it next time I visit.

Schoolboy Blazer in Wool Flannel

I loved the Majesty Peacoat last year and perhaps this year I will add one to my coat collection. Since I already have 2 light-coloured ones, I might go for the 'navy' this time. But I promise not to wear striped tees and foulard print pants though.

Majesty Peacoat

The Snowcap Quilted Jacket will sell quickly, at least in the 'authentic red' which I tried on yesterday. It's still much lighter colour than the Gaps' version I reviewed here before. 

Snowcap Quilted Jacket

Wool Crepe V-Neck Dress. Or is it a tunic? I could wear it with Minnie pants since it's very likely too short to be worn as a dress.

Collection No. 2 Pencil Skirt in REAL Python. Seriously?

Collection No. 2 Pencil Skirt in REAL Python

French Hen Scarf. Need I say more? I saw the blouse in the store and the mini hen is adorable.


How about you? What did you like?Have a lovely rest of the week, everyone!

13 comments:

  1. My breakfast this morning just isn't the same, I love Thursday morning breakfast with a new rollout. Python skirt - yes, I would have thought that was illegal. Peacoat - I bought the navy last year and love it so much, I'd love to get the grey if it's a light grey but then agin, do I need two pea coats?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess your breakfast on Wednesday will be the 'rollout' morning from now on. :) Depends how useful you find them. I do, and love peacoats!

      Delete
  2. Well I know that YOU can rock that first sweater - as you know, it was a terrible looking mess on me!!!!

    I plan to order the navy peacoat in early October (just paid off my trip and my daughter's first term tuition and I am BROKE!) - Tabitha has raved about it and I think the navy will be classic! If you get it soon, let me know what you think!

    I like all your picks and just posted some myself. I am like Tabitha as well - the weds morning thing completely threw me off!!!

    I was shocked by the python skirt. There is no way in hell I would ever wear that. ever. ever. I wondered about it too - are pythons that plentiful? I really like the hend scarf!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, WMM! The Majesty Peacoat is a repeat from last year. I reviewed it here.

      I would never consider wearing something like that either.

      Delete
  3. I thought it was a terrible roll-out. Never have I been so disinterested in a J Crew fall arrival. And something incredible just happened: I ordered some things for my husband and nothing for myself, that's a first ever.
    The men's line is still solid and the prices reasonable, thank goodness for that at least.

    I do agree about the peacoat, I think the coats are still worth the price and that particular style is a total classic.
    Thanks Rose I really enjoyed reading your picks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems a lot of people are disillusioned by the fall rollout this year. Hopefully next month we'll see the holiday pieces!

      Thanks, dani!

      Delete
  4. I was in the Madison Ave store last week and it had been a while since I had been "in store" although I buy a lot online. I was devastated by the overall quality of the clothes. The fabrics (with some exceptions) had gone downhill and I felt like I was in The Gap (with triple the prices). What has happened? Mickey are you listening?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some of the sweater yarns sure have a lot of synthetic, I agree.

      Delete
  5. Great picks! How does the snowcap quilted jacket fit? I like the red and the olive color but can't decide.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Small Town Gal, the jacket fits TTS for me. I would go for red, definitely.

      Delete
  6. I enjoy your reviews- we seem to have similar tastes and so far you have been totally correct with your reviews and opinions. I loved the hen scarf and bought it but had to return it. It is very wide ( about 1/3 bigger than some of my older favorites by JC). I have short hair and a small face and I felt and looked ridiculous with it. If it was too long I could deal with that but the width is too much scarf. Such a bummer b/c it is adorable and very versatile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is great to read, MJ! Thank you! :) I saw photos of the scarf after I read your comment and I agree that it is a bit... 'drowning.' I didn't think I would have to try a scarf for size now too. LOL

      Delete
  7. Why is it that the pants and skirts get smaller and the scarves are getting bigger? It doesn't make any sense...!!

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted.