Monday, September 10, 2012

J. Crew Double-Serge Wool Skirt in Crimson Maple

Digging through my closet for items to go with the new No. 2 Pencil Skirt in Double-Serge Wool from J. Crew I put this combo together quickly. I promise to take a photo as soon as I steam the skirt. I ordered size 2 Tall because I prefer it a bit longer for the office, and I am happy I did. I have already shown you the skirt here, right after I received it and took it to JC to try on things with it. As I have said before, this is my first skirt in double-serge wool. Since our winters are not that harsh, I hope I won't cook in it. I also plan to wear it with some long leather boots as soon as I come across a pair that will fit my scrawny calves.

J. Crew Wool Skirt in Crimson Maple

 J. Crew Factory Annalise Silk Cami (similar here, here, here)
J. Crew Cocoon Cardigan (similar here, here, here)
J. Crew No. 2 Pencil Skirt in Double-Serge Wool (similar here, here)
J. Crew Valentina Printed Patent Pumps (similar here, here, here)
J. Crew Wide Braided Belt (similar here, here, here)
Clinique Long Lasting Lipstick (here, here)

Tomorrow we will see new arrivals on the JC website in the stores. Can't wait. How about you?



13 comments:

  1. Hi, Rose, I got the skirt in the Tall size too! It's already made friends with my Creatures otW twinset.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great combo. Let's see some photos now. :)

      Delete
  2. That is a great outfit. I love the idea of ordering a tall to compensate for the length of some of the skirts. Your colors are perfect. I have never tried the Longwear lipstick. In fact I just went lipstick shopping yesterday and noticed that Clinique has a bonus at Bloomingdales. Is it cream or dry? I buy glosses bc I like the feel, but then constantly need to re- apply.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm only 5ft 4 but I'm going to order tall too from now on.

      Delete
    2. Thank you, KnitYarns! I think I will get the Tall from now on. The lipstick is quite creamy, but lasts longer than the regular ones. It is not drying at all, in my opinion. I've been using it for years. I do not use gloss because I usually have the tendency to lick it off as soon as I apply it.

      Delete
  3. Nice outfit, you will look smashing as always. I also ordered the tall in this skirt and it should arrive today. I wore the retro jade in the regular length and it was a bit short without tights so I'm glad I took your (or someone's) advice and ordered the tall.

    I must share that I bought the Garden Lace pencil skirt on ebay recently, after your many outfit posts and rave reviews. I can't wait to get it. Thanks Rose!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, xoxo! I don't feel smashing at all, but I really like the extra length - as little as that may be.

      Oh, I am sure you will like it! I wear mine a lot. Perhaps we should ask Mickey to bring it back in a different colour. :)

      Delete
  4. love this outfit! this is the reason why i order the regular instead of petite sizing too for pencil skirts!

    xox p

    phiphisblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. love how this skirt fits you...! I am 5'7.5...would you recommend the Tall or Regular...to get this length...?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Geena N.! I am 5'6", for reference. I would get the Tall version if you wanted it to hit you mid-knee.

      Delete
    2. Wow...Thanks Rose, appreciate your reply...!
      Tall is 25" long right..? A 23" skirt hits mid-knee for me...

      Delete
    3. Yes, it is quite long, but then you can get both to compare and return one in the store, if you are near a store. Good luck!

      Delete

Spam will be deleted.