Monday, August 20, 2012

Two J. Crew Dresses

In the last roll-out I noticed two dresses that I thought might work lengthwise for me. The first one was the A-line Ponte Dress. The dress looked large enough in size 2, but just to be sure I also took a size 4 to the fitting room with me. This dress is very comfortable to wear and it is apparently made from the same fabric as the J. Crew Pixie Pants (seen here). The torso is a bit more tight on me in the smaller size, but not uncomfortable by any means.

 

A-line Ponte Dress (size 4)(similar here, here, here

New is also the Optic-Dot Dress (size 4). This one was tighter than normal in my 'regular' size 4 as well, but that can be fixed quite easily by wearing thinner undergarments, if you get my drift. Loved the colour and the length, but I wasn not crazy about the poly. The increasing size of the dots at the waist gives the illusion of a more defined shape in that area.

Optic-Dot Dress (similar here, here, here, here) 

Lastly, here are the Emmett Wedge Ankle Boots size 38 and 'adobe.' They also come in black. I am a size 8 in shoes here and 38 1/2 in European sizes. These were a bit tight on me, so a 38 1/2 would fit perfectly. Loved the comfortable wedge and the more narrow ankle, but was surprised to see the back zipper on them.

That's all for now, but more to come this week. Also, do not forget JC has the LOVEIT 30% off sale items going on through Thursday, August 23. Is there anything in the sale section you must have? I think I'm done for summer attire. Fall is just around the corner. The leaves in front of my window are already starting to turn yellow, so I know it won't be long before I reach for my merino sweaters again.

I hope your week has started on a good note and have a great day tomorrow, everyone!

19 comments:

  1. The ponte dress looks so comfy, I hope they bring it out in other colours, stretchy dresses are the only ones I can wear during the day, I can't bear not being comfy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is comfy, and I would like to see this in a dark grey too.

      Delete
  2. I love the ponte dress Rose, I did exactly as you, I tried the 2 and the 4, I did buy the 2 the next day, not sure what it is about that dress that I had to have it at full price but I felt really girly in it maybe? I like the 2 better then 4 on you, it's a versatile dress for both office and evening IMO. Thanks for trying on the optic dot dress, that one is a next try on for me!! Thanks as always for such great reviews, have a great Tuesday!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is a girly dress! Glad you like it too! YW!

      Delete
  3. I do like that ponte dress, I agree with tabs they should make it in other colors. Of course the black is classic, it truly is a pretty dress.
    Nope nothing for me. Fall is nearly here it's quite cool here this morning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess black always works, so they figured they'd have a winner. Yikes! Where did our summer go? We barely had any.

      Delete
  4. I agree with Tabitha - I hope they come out with that dress in different colors. It's work-appropriate, versatil, flattering and knit, so it's comfy, yay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love the ponte dress on you - this is a great cut. thank you for these reviews!! xox P

    phiphisblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YW, and thanks for visiting, phiphis blog!

      Delete
  6. THANK YOU for reviewing the Ponte dress, Rose! It looks great on you. I am *thisclose* to ordering it online, but I really want to try it on first to make sure that fabric doesn't give me "uni-boob".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I laughed at the 'uni-boob,' but I know what you mean. I have that problem with sports bras. :)

      Delete
  7. Oh, I wish the optic dot were made of blue silk. But that's a whole other dress now, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Silk would have been my choice too, xoxo! I am not convinced poly is cheaper to make (dollarwise). How can Madewell do so many silk dresses in comparison and keep the price point down?

      Delete
  8. Thank you so much for the reviews! Now I MUST try these dresses on! I also wish the Ponte dress came in different colors. Do you hear us, Crew? This is blogger wisdom speaking! ;-)

    Another Anthro Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YW, Anthro Blogger, and thanks for visiting! Perhaps we should all write DL. :)

      Delete
  9. The ponte dress is very flattering on you! I agree about the poly. The boots are very good looking. They do look a little high though...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, KnitYarns! Loved the boots, and they don't seem high to me at all, but I am used to heights, I should add. :)

      Delete
  10. Question on your A line ponte black dress. Was the size 4 comfortable? Not too tight or loose? I have a little belly due to my second son. The dress looked so nice on you, Audrey Hepburn look, did you buy it?

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted.