Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Madewell - August (II)

Just a short post today with the remaining photos from Madewell last weekend. First I wanted to post this lovely display of old clocks. The entire table was decorated with them. Other shelves had old cameras, thread spools, etc. I really like the Madewell store decorating scheme.


And now on to the clothes: I was intrigued by the description of the Bowbell Tee. It's cotton but requires dry-cleaning? On closer inspection, I noticed that the bow is sewn into place by a few handstitches, which will definitely rip during washing. I think a few well-placed machine stitches would solve the dry-clean problem and would make this tee machine washable. The jeans are the the Rail Straight Jeans in Madewell Wash size 28, my usual size in Madewell jeans and J. Crew toothpicks. I blogged about these jeans here before.

Bowbell Tee (similar here, here, here) 

The Shimmerlake Cardigan size S and 'metallic rosewood' has coppery hues and looks quite pretty. It's on sale in the store for for $59.99.

 

And the Camden Satchel in 'dusty burgundy.' It's a good size bag and it could be a great travel bag for when I need to carry a few extras. The leather is sturdy without being too stiff, and it is similar to other bags I have seen at Madewell.

Camden Satchel

Since burgundy seems to be one of the colours this fall, I looked for similar burgundy bags and found a few nice items from:

Rebecca Minkoff - Mab Mini (this one comes in 18 styles!)
Martin Sitbon - Knitted Satchel
Alexander Wang - Emile Small Dome Bag (this one's gorgeous IMO)
Guess - Mina Clutch
Proenza Schouler - Wallet

I like burgundy a lot, but it doesn't quite 'go' with my skin. How about you? Do you have anything burgundy in your closet this fall ?

Thanks for reading, and have a great Wednesday, everyone! I will try and do a few JC Factory reviews next since it's been a while.

10 comments:

  1. I like this purse! I picked up the burgundy pencil skirt for sept/oct/early nov (after that I find cotton, even heavy cotton, doesn't work too well around freezing cold atlantic canada!!) I like burgundy, but it depends how much blue or pink is in it as to whether or not I can wear it near my face....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True, cotton is too cool for winter, unfortunately. You have some heavy winters there! I don't know how you do it!

      Delete
  2. No burgundy for me. Madewell's store is decorated nicely, & I want the tufted leather sofa for my house. :) Thanks for the reviews! Have a great Wednesday too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love the Madewell decorations! YW, JustVisiting!

      Delete
  3. Oh, I love that purse, but it's hard for me to resist a pretty bag or anything in the color burgundy. I have a few burgundy items in my wardrobe and love how the color lends itself well to other bright colors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So you are all set for the fall then! Maybe just the burgundy bag is all you need? :)

      Delete
  4. great reviews - that's too bad about the bow being stitched on like that. i appreciate these reviews!

    so glad i grabbed the no. 2 pencil skirt in golden burgundy earlier this season. i can see a lot of use in the fall. xox P

    phiphisblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, phiphis blog! Great buy in that golden burgundy skirt! Enjoy!

      Delete
  5. I do love anything casual like a cardigan with a shimmer, as long as it's not scratchy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It didn't feel scratchy, but I only had this on for a few minutes, so it might feel different after a while...

      Delete

Spam will be deleted.