Sunday, August 12, 2012

Madewell - August (I)

Madewell's 20% off plus free shipping on $150+ orders is still on until tomorrow night. This past weekend I made a trip to Madewell with CC, so I thought I'd post a few photos with some of the items I tried on. First was the Silk Colorblock Boyshirt size XS and 'baroque violet.' This is a size smaller than what I usually wear in shirts. I loved the colorblock and would have preferred to see and try on the 'dusty burgundy' version, but they didn't have it in the store.


Next was the Lacelane Tank size XS. The tank is a size smaller than I normally take in tops and the lace panel on the front is extremely revealing. I paired it with the Rail Straight Jeans in Madewell Wash size 28. This is my usual size in Madewell jeans and J. Crew toothpicks. The jeans have the so-called 'Genius Jeans Guarantee: Free shipping and free returns on all jeans, all the time.'

Lacelane Tank  (similar here, here, here)

I was also able to try the Sandstorm Fringe Boots size 8. I found these to fit TTS to smallish. I had no socks on and I could feel my big toe hitting the end of the shoe. As I blogged before, the fringes on these boots are removable.


And lastly for now, the Candydot Pullover, also in size XS. This is also a size smaller than I normally take in sweaters. I am beginning to think that XS is the new S. This one is a cropped sweater, but I like this length, usually. It's thick enough to wear in the winter as well, in my opinion.


What I also liked at Madewell:

Flowerhill scarf - I overlooked this in my picks here, but this is gorgeous, and it's all wool.

I have a few more items to review, but for a future post. Have you tried on anything new at Madewell? Did you take adavantage of this promo? Please share!

Hope you all had a restful weekend. Have a lovely week ahead!


10 comments:

  1. Bordering on, or just flat out club wear is what I think of when I see the Lacelane Tank.

    I hope Madewell's boot sizes aren't going all crazy & ill fitting like JCrew's boots did last year.

    Thanks for the reviews! Hope you have a great week too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Club wear is correct! Madewell's Archive boot is off, if it is the same as last year's. I sized down a whole number last year. YW!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for these reviews!!! I've been looking for IRL pictures of the Silk Colorblock Blouse!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you have... ;) It's a pretty shirt.

      Delete
  3. I am definitely into the colorblock blouse, and I love the jeans rolled up with the sandstorm boots!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it, Sarah! I should have mentioned that I rolled them up because they were too long and also wanted to make sure the boots show. LOL The jeans would need hemming.

      Delete
  4. I am not digging any of these styles for myself, but do like that Madewell gives their jeans the guarantee. I can't buy jeans from on-line retailers unless I can return. :)

    BTW, did you decide to buy the meerkat sweater? I would love to see how you style that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A lot of the items do feel too young, I agree. I agree, the jeans guarantee is great!

      No, I didn't get it. While I liked it, I didn't think I could wear it any other time but the weekends, and I need a work wardrobe more.

      Delete
  5. I think I would prefer the pink/burgundy combo of the silk shirt on you. I can't wait to see the rest of MW's fall offerings. The previews had me making grabby hands multiple times. Thanks for the reviews!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, CC! I am always curious to see what else they will come up with! YW!

      Delete

Spam will be deleted.