Sunday, August 26, 2012

J. Crew Factory - August (II)

The Crewlet has already received a some fall items, but most of the stock still looks like summer attire to me. Factory Charley Sweater in Leopard  (size S, my usual size) is all cotton. Thandie was Charley's predecessor, in case you missed that. I am glad they settled on a name though. See more photos of the Thandie here.


Since we are on to animal prints, here's the Factory Classic Crewneck Cardigan in Leopard size S. It's all cotton as well.


Here is the Factory Workday Dress in Pinstripe sizes 4 (top 2 photos) and 6 (bottom 2 photos). This is the factory version of the Director Dress in Pinstripe Super 120s. I tried on the solid colour version of the Director Dress before here. The factory version doesn't seem to have extra fabric in the skirt like the regular version has. Size 4 was quite snug on the torso, so I would probably size up to 6 if I were to get it. Since the neckline is so low, I would probably skip this entirely. But for those who can wear this, you will be happy to know the dress is 99% wool and the lining is acetate, which I find much nicer than the usual polyester.


The Factory Classic Chambray Shirtdress size S fits TTS and is longer than the Workewear Shirtdress version I tried on from the regular JC store here. There is about 2 inches in the hem that could be let out if needed.

Factory Classic Chambray Shirtdress (similar here, here, here) 

Lastly, the Factory Wool-Blend Pencil Skirt size 2 and 'casablanca blue.' This is my regular skirt size in pencil skirts at J. Crew. Like all the factory skirts, it fits a bit shorter. This may be ok for petite gals, but for now I stopped buying factory skirts because they are always shorter. The shoes are the Paulina Suede Pumps and are not online yet. They are the Factory version of the Mona Suede Pumps.


That's about it for now. I have a few more photos for a future post, but thought I should wait since none of the items are online yet.

What did you think of the factory items this fall so far? Anything you must have?

14 comments:

  1. I bought the leopard cardigan a couple of weeks ago. Fits nicely and will go with just about anything.
    I actually prefer the Factory sweaters as they are cotton not wool. Still pricey for what they are but promos abound.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I prefer cotton sweaters also in the summer. Agree, they are good buys when on sale.

      Delete
  2. Factory Classic Crewneck Cardigan looks really nice on you!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for these reviews! I need to try the Factory Wool Blend skirt in Casablanca Blue. I don't like the shorter length either, so I'll have to see how much shorter this version is on me. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully it will fit you better!

      Delete
  4. I was wondering if you can stop by JCrew, can you try on the featherweight aqua tunic. It was $255 and now it $89. I live 2 hours from JC Rochester NY. If you have one, can you give me a review please? : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. cutemedic, I tried the vibrant flame one here. HTH

      Delete
  5. Cute denim dress! I like that one. I agree...glad they picked a final name for the Charley. I like the Thandie better, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny how they have many names until they decide on one, sometimes, isn't it?

      Delete
  6. You are the greatest!!!! So glad I found this sight. It looked nice on you, but you were right about being slouchy. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You are too kind! Just do a search on the blog next time you are looking for something. :)

      Delete
  7. Thanks for the reviews. No must haves, thank goodness, I hope I am going to have shop fatique for a long time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! Me too, tiffany rose, me too!

      Delete

Spam will be deleted.