Friday, August 24, 2012

J. Crew - August (VIII)

This past week I had the opportunity to see both the Zigzag Sequin Tee and the Zigzag Sequin Dress in person. The tee didn't inspire me to try it on, but I definitely wanted to give the dress a try. I am wearing size S in the photos below. The shoulders and the arms fitted me nicely, while the sides didn't. There was considerable room in the hip area. I am sure the ladies with a few curves will look great in this though.


The shoes are the Mona Two-Tone Patent Mary Janes size 8 1/2, or half size larger than my regular shoe size. The regular Monas are too small for me in the toe box, while the ones half size larger tend to slip off my heel. These do not have that problem because of the straps that hold the foot nicely in place. The only thing that annoyed me was the button through the top strap that was not very easy to do/undo. I didn't need to undo the lower strap.

Mona Two-Tone Patent Mary Janes (similar here, solid colour version here)

I tried the Tippi Sweater in Swiss Dot size S, or my usual size, a while ago and never posted the photos. Like all the other Tippis, it is still the 14 gauge merino wool. What's different is the 3 back buttons, as you can see below.

Tippi Sweater in Swiss Dot (similar here) 

And since I am talking about Tippi sweaters, here's the Tippi Sweater in Stripe also size S, which is already on sale. The turquoise is much more lively in real life than on the website photo. The pants are the Cafe Capri in Herringbone, size 2, or my regular pant size. I was surprised to see how comfy these pants were.


Select sweaters are 30% off, and among them:


Our weather started to cool already and I think sweater season is almost here again. Any sweaters for you this round of sales?

Hope you have a great weekend and thanks for dropping by!
 

10 comments:

  1. I was contemplating on the blue / turquoise sweater, but I decided on the Jackie pullover. I got the mint, pink and blue. I do like the polka dot or tiny black ribbon sweater. I'm afraid it might snug. Well I will keep an eye but who knows. I believe I spent over $700 this month. I need to slow down. I just love your reviews and it allows me to make my decision

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad the Jackie pullover worked for you. You did some damage at JC, I see. :) It's easy enough to do, unfortunately.

      Delete
  2. i love all of their sweaters, but need to take stock of my closet before i go gang-busters. thanks for the reviews! this is so informative. i love the tippi sweaters and am reall glad they came up with different variations on the patterns for this style. xox P

    phiphisblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems I never have enough wool sweaters, so I should check my closet as well.

      Delete
  3. I love the tippi sweater in stripe. I was going to get the rugby stripe during the sale earlier but glad I waited and think going to get this one instead. Just hoping the tippi in swiss dot will go on sale too as well.... wishful thinking :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. The sweater is a much better buy. Hope you get the Swiss Dot Tippi as well.

      Delete
  4. Ack! Those shoes are tdf!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thought you might like them... :)

      Delete
  5. Mona Two-Tone Patent Mary Janes look really pretty on! The straps are really cute.

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted.