Thursday, August 23, 2012

J. Crew - August (VII)

Here are some more of the new arrivals I was able to check out in person recently. First is the Collection Pencil Skirt in Electric Plaid.  When this skirt first arrived I didn't read the description on the website, so I was pleasantly surprised to see this was silk, and not a tweed knit. The colours are bright, but not as bright as they appear on the website, in my opinion. This skirt also has an elastic waist, which made it more comfortable to wear. I am wearing my usual size 2 in pencil skirts at J. Crew.

Collection Pencil Skirt in Electric Plaid

Next was the Sandwashed Silk Tee in size 2 and 'sweet fuchsia.' This is my regular size in tops at JC, but was too narrow for me across the chest. The bottom part of the tee fitted large. It's unfortunate, since I liked the fabric on this - it is sturdy and would have been a perfect transition top, but I think it would look good on a pear-shaped lady. Here's also a detail of the side seam in the second photo.

Sandwashed Silk Tee (similar here, here, here)

The Janey shoes arrived in our store a week or so ago. Here are the Collection Calf Hair Janey Flats size 8 1/2, or half size larger than my regular shoe size. I grabbed these off the display to try on. They fit slightly large on me. I am not a fan of the gold heel, but that's just me.


In comparison, size 8 Patent Janey Flats didn't feel as comfortable as the calf hair ones. These fitted me the same as the Viv flats I tried on before.

Patent Janey Flats (similar here, here, here)

And finally, the much-talked about Collection Jeweled-Collar Sweater size S. It appears it is sold out online, but I have seen plenty in the store. Since it's still warm here, they are not selling much. The yarn is a mix of wool/alpaca wool, expect some itchiness. It didn't bother me, but then I am not sensitive to wool. Loved this sweater a lot. If you liked the herringbone, you might also like the Excursion Quilted Vest in Herringbone I reviewed here before. The pants are the new Cafe Capri in Herringbone and I will review in a future post.


And here's some store inspiration, since I love pink. Of course I cannot wear the skirt since it's too short, but I am sure a young gal would. One of the petite SAs was wearing this skirt and looked great on her.


That's all for now. Yesterday family and I visited friends in Seattle and stopped downtown for lunch, sightseeing and a bit of shopping, so I have more J. Crew to show you.

The LOVEIT 30% off sale items is still valid until midnight tonight. Several items I reviewed quite recently seem to be on sale already.

Have a lovely Thursday, everyone!


15 comments:

  1. What size do you wear in the cafe capris? I have to stop buying clothes that are too small for me for real life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those were size 2, so you probably are 0 or 00.

      Delete
  2. re : electric plaid.I saw the matching silk blouse in the collection store. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked it. Me too. A lot. :)

      Delete
  3. It looks like your store gets some fun stuff - I haven't seen the Electric Plaid pieces on anyone yet. It's too unfortunate about the Sandwashed Silk Tee - the shape is just ridiculous and I don't think I've seen it look good on anyone so far, certainly not me. The fabric was really nice too. The Janeys look good on you; I've been kind of eyeing them but some reviewers said it felt cheap.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It gets some stuff, but not a lot of variety, in my opinion. But their space is so small, I am surprised it can offer as much as it is.

      Delete
  4. thanks for these reviews - the tweed skirt looks lovely and it's got a lot of great colours!! xox P

    phiphisblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree -- you can put together quite a few outfits with those colours.

      Delete
  5. Great reviews! I love those leopard print flats...to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really appreciate your blog. I began my j crew craze 2 1/2 months ago via YouTube. You also persuade me into buying the eclectic pink vest and the hen sweater. I love it and enjoy your blog. Thank you again. Ellen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you enjoy your J Crew items, but I never reviewed the hen sweater. Thanks for dropping by, Ellen!

      Delete
    2. No you didn't review the hen sweater, but it looked nice on you and the comments as well. Is this normal to be this crazy for J Crew? God help me!

      Delete
  7. The electric plaid is lovely- nice to know it's silk. I'm not a huge fan of the nubby tweed pencil skirts.

    Love the hot pink mannequin outfit- that's adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted.