Saturday, August 18, 2012

J. Crew - August (VI)

A few more photos from my try-outs this week. The Excursion Quilted Vest size S and  'electric pink.' Needless to say I like this colour, and goes well with the No. 2 Pencil Skirt in Multicolor Tweed (size 2). The skirt colours are pretty, but I do not like the fabric content, unfortunately. The weave was quite loose in comparison to the Timber Tweed Pencil Skirt from 2010, for example.


Next was the Colorblock Top size 2, or my usual size in tops at J. Crew is one of those pieces I would have ignored on the website, but loved it once I tried it on. The colourblock scheme with the dark colours on the sides has a slimming effect. The skirt is the Pencil Skirt in Superfine 120s size 2, and you may have seen it in the previous post already.
 
Colorblock Top (similar here)

And here are the new Collection Calf Hair Etta Pumps. This is size 8, or my usual shoe size. The toe box is just a bit too small for my liking. They remind me of the Coddington pumps from a couple of years ago. A lot of the ladies sized up half size in them and they fit fine.


I also tried the Etta Cap Toe Leather Pump size 81/2, or half size larger than my usual shoes size. That solved the toebox fit, but because I have I have a skinny heel, the shoes kept coming off, so I knew these shoes were not for me. It's unfortunate, since I liked the cap toe version a lot.



That's all for now. I hope to see a few more new items this weekend or next week.

Hope you have a restful weekend, and thanks for reading!

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing the info on the Etta heels - they are gorgeous, and I adore that J. Crew finally made a more sturdy heel.

    Tasia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are beautiful, Tasia, and they looked really nice on the SA in the store!

      Delete
  2. Thanks Rose---I really like the look of the vest with the pencil skirt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YW, Sue! I liked the colours too!

      Delete
  3. Rose...Waht do you think of the Toni Tassel Loafer ? Is it a well made shoe (in other words is it worth FP ?) THANKS Carolyn from Vancouver

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not in my opinion, but I am a cheapskate. They seem made well enough, but I would suggest you check them out in person.

      Delete
  4. I got the hen sweater and the eclectic pink vest today! I must say it is sooooo cute! I also got the Jackie pullover in pink and blue, the tillary purse in violet bc it's an additional 30% off!!!! The mint cashmere scarf is gorgeous but I thought it was a large scarf. Pretty color, contemplating in keeping it. Should I?

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted.