Thursday, August 16, 2012

J. Crew - August (V)

Here are some of the items I tried in J. Crew a couple of days ago. There was a mix of basic colours, which was nice to see, and brights, which was even nicer, since I love colour!


The first item I tried on was the Tie Top in Navy Tweed. Unfortunately I grabbed a size 0, which is one size smaller than I normally wear in tops. It fitted me all right, but this is supposed to be worn over a shirt or a turtleneck swaater, in which case size 2 would have been just right. The fabric content label is in the 2nd photo. The skirt is the new Pencil Skirt in Super 120s in size 2, my usual size. I might prefer this to the double-serge wool one since our winters are not so harsh, usually. The 'warm sienna' version seems darker than the 'heather acorn' of the double-serge skirt (seen here) and would go with more things in my closet.


Next was the Perfect-Fit Colorblock Tee size S fits TTS for me. It's not a must have, but it would be a good piece for casual wear (definitely not paired with the wool skirt).


The Excursion Quilted Vest in Herringbone size S fits the same as the one I tried on last year. It looks way better in real life than in these pictures, and I loved this vest.

Excursion Quilted Vest in Herringbone (similar here)


And lastly for now, the Toni Tassel Loafers size 8 1/2. This was a display pair, and they fitted large on me. I then tried size 8 (my regular shoe size) and those fitted TTS.


I have a few more reviews coming up in the next few days, so come back for a visit. Some of the new items that I like:


I was told more goodies will be arriving into the store tomorrow, so I am hoping to pop over there briefly, since I will already be in the area.

How about you? Anything you found exciting in the new roll-out?

Thanks for stopping by, and have a great Friday, everyone!

18 comments:

  1. loving the skirt in the first picture! Wish we had J Crew in my country!

    XoXo
    Plami

    http://www.fashionthrill.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Plami, JC may already ship to your country. Check their front page to see if they do.

      Delete
  2. I like those loafers in the natural/black colourway - did you find them comfortable?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. do you like them ? are they worth the cost ? thanks

      Delete
    2. WMM, I don't usually find shoes with low heels comfortable, for some reason. I know these are not for me.

      Delete
  3. I am drooling over the shawl collar jacket. But $350 for some neon-y colors that will probably be out of style next season? I don't know ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You and me both. That's a lot of $$ for it.

      Delete
  4. uh oh...I'm really loving those loafers!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rose, great reviews and looking forward to more. About those cute loafers - are you saying you sized down or that they're TTS?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are TTS. I only tried the first pair because they were handy. Later the SA brought me my size.

      Delete
  6. I really like the shawl collar jacket in pink. It is probably too bright for me, but I really like the style. I am new to the Tippi fan club and will probably pick up a couple of colors during a promo. There is a navy top on page 3&4 of the new Style Guide that will be mine though-it is beaded and structured. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. It is a lovely jacket, JulieStyles! I saw that sweater -- very pretty! Hope you get it.

      Delete
  7. Am looking for a nice comfy vest as our pupster purloined my other one. They are just right for the East Bay here in Ca, USA because of the constant change in weather

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, puffer vests are so versatile on the west coast!

      Delete
  8. Great reviews - I love that vest!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The vest looks great IRL. I have my eye on it.

      Delete

Spam will be deleted.