Tuesday, August 28, 2012

J. Crew - August (IX)

Here are a few more of the photos I took last week. This lovely Collection Cashmere Bateau Sweater in Stripe (size S, 'cabernet fuchsia') caught my attention immediately. I would have preferred longer sleeves on it, but loved it nevertheless. I couldn't tell how close the colour is to the No. 2 Pencil Skirt in Double-Serge Wool in 'crimson maple' I have on its way because they didn't have that skirt in the store. I suspect the skirt has more warm undertones than this sweater.


Next I tried on the Collection Scoopneck Top in Silk Scarf Foulard. This is size 2, or my regular size in tops at JC. I loved the fabric and the pattern on the edges, but this top is shapeless on me. It might look better on with a skirt, but I didn't have time to test that.


I would love to be able to try the jacket in the same print on though. I think it's quite unique and can be dressed up or down easily.

Collection Silk Scarf Foulard Jacket

I see this print seems to be popular among other lines as well, such as this dress or this jacket from the Limited.

Next was the Collection No. 2 Pencil Skirt in Floral Brocade size 2. This skirt sold out in sizes 2 & 4 from the Vancouver store within 2 days of its debut, so I couldn't try one on. It's a beautiful print, so that may have something to do with it. It also says 'fall' more than the Collection Pencil Skirt in Abstract Floral I reviewed here before.

The top is the one I had hopes for. It's the Paisley Applique Top size S and 'ivory.' The shape was better than the foulard top above, but the fabric felt cheap to me. It's a tencel/cotton mix. Read more about Tencel and other cellulose fibres here.


A few more photos remain for a future post. I will also have to post photos of the No. 2 Pencil Skirt in Double-Serge Wool in 'crimson maple'  when it arrives. This would be the first skirt on double-serge wool I got form J. Crew, if you can believe it. Our winters are not that harsh, so I didn't think I needed one, but I figured one skirt will be a good addition to the closet. I ordered the 'Tall' size since I wanted a longer skirt. It might come in handy if I have to travel for work this winter. Next on my list is a pair of black leather boots with low heel or wedge. My suede winter booties and long boots won't cut it.

As always, thank you for stopping by and have a great Tuesday, everyone!

12 comments:

  1. The cashmere bateau sweater will be really nice in the winter time! Too bad about the scoop neck not having more shape, the pattern is really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though I'm small ish I'm going to order the tall from now on, I much prefer my skirts below my knee now, the tailor just told me he couldn't take my other J Crew skirts down, boo hoo.

    Yep - managed two days on my own and without Internet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a great idea. BTW 2 days is plenty!

      Delete
    2. I think 'tall' would hit you right below the knees and would look lovely on you, T.!

      Two whole days, huh? :D

      Delete
  3. I am so disappointed to read so many un-enthralled reviews about the paisley top. It looked so lovely in store, although I never had a chance to try it on. I def don't think the silk foulard top is worth $250.00, although may be it is better realized in the jacket. The Striped Bateau sweater is lovely on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked the paisley applique top in the pics on the website, but was disappointed with it IRL. I think the jacket in silk foulard must be nicely made and would be a good one to have for a special occasion. Thanks, KnitYarns!

      Delete
  4. I also love the cashmere bateau sweater - the style is reminiscent of older J. Crew pieces. It's too pricey for me now but the caramel version is on my sale watch list. I tried on the Jules dress in the foulard print and actually really liked it, but because of the border, the hem cannot be let down. Thanks for the reviews!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed, way too pricey and hopefully you can get it on sale. All Jules dresses are too short for me, unfortunately.

      Delete
  5. The cashmere sweater is lovely on you. The burgundy/fuchsia colour combo is THE combo of the season, it seems. Thanks for the reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like the foulard-print shirtdress from The Limited that you linked to; I might have to check it out now. Thanks for pointing that out!

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted.