Monday, August 13, 2012

J. Crew - August (IV)

This past weekend I was able to see the Optic-Dot Boatneck Tee (size S) in person. I was expecting this tee to be a bit thicker (it's quite sheer, as you can probably tell) and softer to the touch. I still like the print and the shape though, and I may snag this colour when it goes on sale. The skirt is this season's No. 2 Pencil Skirt in Double-Serge Wool in size 2 and 'heather acorn.' I don't have any of these wool pencil skirts from JC yet, if you can believe it. I might spring for this or another basic colour this fall.


The Scoopneck Silk Top in Zebra size 0 (item #10911, $128) is not online yet. I definitely didn't think this top was 'me,' but thought it looked pretty good. This is a size smaller than I normally take in tops, and I could get in it, but I almost needed rescuing to get out of it. So if I were you, I would say stick with your normal size if you have broader shoulders but size down if you do not.


The merino wool Tippi Cardigan in Colorblock, (size S, item #21941, colour FBU) fits TTS, and like the wool tippi, it feels just as nice.


Next is the Tippi Cardigan size S and  'heather burgundy.' It fits the same as the colorblock one above. I suspect this cardigan will sell well this year and hope to get one or maybe even two.


And an OOTD/new bag combo: the bag is the Colorblock Edie Grand. I love this bag. It seems roomy enough for all the stuff I carry around every day. The skirt is the Garden Lace Pencil Skirt I got at the end of last summer. The jacket is the 1969 Gap Denim Jacket I got last week, the sandals are the Sevigne Wedges also from last summer and the bag I lugged around was the Exhibitor tote.

 

The new arrivals will be in stores this Thursday, we were told. But a little birdie told me the Vancouver store  has them already. I will have to check them out.

What did you think of the new items? Anything that winks at you?

Hope your week is off to a good start! 

18 comments:

  1. I love your OOTD - especially the lace skirt and Edie bag! Also love the zebra top you tried.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness - that Edie bag is to die for!!!! wow!

    How did you find the weight of the pencil skirt? There has been discussion around lesser quality. I only have last year's in viridian green.

    I like the Tippis and the colourblocking is great!

    I like the zebra top on you - still not sure about it, but no doubt, they will style it in such a way that I will be in love...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, WMM... you and me both. I love it.

      Frankly I cannot recall the other skirts, and I don't own one to compare to.

      Tippis are some great sweaters at JC, I agree!

      Thanks, WMM! I think zebra is a bit much for me.

      Delete
  3. Love the lace skirt! Didn't realize J. Crew had such an item, but what a great find.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was last year's, life as a cat. I love it too!

      BTW, your avatar cracks me up every time I see it. Great photo!

      Delete
  4. this is a great review - thank you!! i love your outift and the edie grand is sublime!! xox P

    phiphisblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, phiphis blog, and thanks for dropping by! I love the Edie Grand!

      Delete
  5. The edie is gorgeous! I just got my first No. 2 pencil skirt and totally understand why it receives so much love! Love the color of the pencil skirt on you. Think it's a great color to pair with almost everything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great skirt, isn't it? I am considering one in a neutral colour for this winter.

      Delete
  6. Thanks for the great reviews. The zebra shirt caught my eye, although I am not sure if it is "me" either. I think it is all about the navy trim! I love your description about needing to be rescued. I hate that feeling, and I have fallen victim more times than I can count, especially with dresses and swimsuits. Shudder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, KnitYarns! The navy trim makes this top different than all the other zebra prints out there. It doesn't happen often, but when it does, I am almost close to panic. Luckily no blouse was injured in the process.

      Delete
  7. I must have that colorblock cardi. Those two colors are my new obsession right now. Will have to dig thru the closet to see if I can find them until I can get my hands on this. Thanks for sharing!

    Taylor

    ohwelltatslife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love bright colours too! Hope you get it. :)

      Delete
  8. Thanks for the reviews, Rose! Do you think the Optic Dot Boatneck would be ok with a nude bra, or do you think a cami would be required?

    You should definitely spring for some of the wool pencils, they are hands down my favourite items in my closet (and I have *quite* a few). I have the Heather Acorn from last year and have worn it tons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think a nude bra should be ok. The top is not completely sheer.

      I am looking into getting a skirt for the fall too.

      Delete
  9. The burgundy looks great on you and especially with that camel.

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted.