Monday, August 6, 2012

J. Crew - August (II)

The Jules Dress in Stripe Silk Twill size 2 is one of the new arrivals at JC. Unlike the other Jules dresses I tried on before, this one has lateral pockets. I could have probably fitted in one size smaller, but didn't see one when I was looking for it. The fabric is beautiful. Too bad the dress is about 3 -4 inches too short. The Seville Wedge Espadrilles you have seen before and are currently on super sale in the red and the blue. These fit TTS for me.
 

Allie Dress in size 4 and 'modern red.' Like most of the fitted dresses at JC, this one is too high-waisted for me, but not as high-waisted as some of the past ones I tried on. It is also short on me, at 5'6". The fabric is a gorgeous wool/silk, and the dress comes in 3 other colours.

Allie Dress (similar here, here, here)

And lastly for now, the new Stretch Denim Jacket size S. This is my usual size in tops and jackets at JC, but last season's jacket fitted smaller than this one. As far as denim jackets go, I like Anthro's, then Madewell's, Gap's and then J. Crew's, in that order. I tried on the Gap Denim Jacket last weekend and will review it later this week. I reviewed the Inner Art Denim Jacket from Anthro here before.

Stretch Denim Jacket (other similar here, here, here)

The SHOPNOW code (now posted on the JC website) is good until Tuesday midnight. Check out my picks from the sale items here. Did you get anything this round of sales? Please share!

Hope your week has started well. Thanks for dropping by and have a great week ahead!

13 comments:

  1. The Jules dress looks so easy but it's an awful shortie, I think even on me, it would be a bit revealing - amazingly when I started my blog tow years ago I was still in mini skirts, phew, the ties are a changing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so pretty, I agree, but I can't wear that.

      Delete
  2. Why does j crew make the waists so bloody high? I can't wear any of their suiting dresses for that reason!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WMM, I don't get it either....

      Delete
    2. It's too bad. Even their tall sizes are not really made for tall gals. I got the Ruby jacket in the regular and tall last year and except for the longer sleeves, everything else was the same.

      Delete
  3. The fabric of the Jules is gorgeous. I loved it in store. So sad that it is so short. Sometimes a pair of tights makes a shorter dress feel a bit less revealing-but I'm not sure how that option would work with silk. Thanks for the reviews.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, but the silk in this case would look funny with tights, in my opinion. Thanks for dropping by!

      Delete
  4. That dress is so very short. It looks great on you, but it is probably unwearable IRL.. I like the fabric of the Allie too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, KnitYarns! I wish they would make this longer. Perhaps an e-mail to Mickey might do it. :D

      Delete
  5. I hope designers read this blog because yes! everything I try on is too too short or too high waisted (which I think looks too girly on my) Shame because I love those stripes on you and that red is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not holding my breath, Jody. Perhaps we should contact JC. ;)

      Delete
  6. I think JC should consider making the Jules dress into a tunic. Wait, just change the description on the product and it's done ;P I'm going to try the Allie dress next time I'm at the store. I would love one since it looks like a good design/fabric-choice for 3 out of 4 seasons here. Thanks for the reviews!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No kidding. That's a tunic all right, not a dress.

      I think the Allie dress would look great on you. Maybe next weekend, eh?

      Delete

Spam will be deleted.