Sunday, August 5, 2012

J. Crew - August (I)

The following photos were taken last weekend and thought I should post a few, given the SHOPNOW code at JC right now. The items are new arrivals, but already hot sale. Go figure.

First is the Boy Shirt in Snowcat size 4 and is already on sale. I sized up since size 2 was too snug for me in the shoulders. The fabric of this shirt is the same quality as the Liberty shirt I tried in an earlier post, I thought. The skirt 'goes' with a lot of colours on the bottom. The skirt is the No. 2 Pencil Skirt in Double-Serge Cotton size 2 and 'marrakech purple.' It looks blue on my monitor, but it is purple in real life.

Boy Shirt in Snowcat (similar here, here, here)
No. 2 Pencil Skirt in Double-Serge Cotton (similar here, here, here)

Other items in snowcat: 


Next is the Rugby Stripe Boatneck Top size XS and 'cabernet.' This is one size smaller than I usually wear in tops at JC. This top is a rayon/linen mix. I like the colour combo, but I am done with stripes (for now).


Next is the Liberty Perfect Shirt size 4 and 'indian red.' This shirt has a beautiful pattern and the colours in it would go well with several colour bottoms. The skirt is the No. 2 Pencil Skirt in Herringbone size 2 (in the top photo). I LOVE the colour, but the fabric is so soft, it shows every single detail underneath. I sized up to a 4 to see if that was less of a problem, but it didn't help much.

 
No. 2 Pencil Skirt in Herringbone (size 2 left, size 4 right) (similar here, here)

Here are some detail shots of the shirt fabric:

 
 
That's it for now. Today I visited the store again (surprise!) and checked out some more of the new arrivals. I will have some photos in a couple of days or so. 

Summer is in full swing here but today I already got a fall/winter item since my size has already disappeared off the website and it was the last one in the store. You have seen the Two-Toned Cashmere Sweatshirt review here before.

Thanks for reading, and have a great Sunday, everyone!

6 comments:

  1. Great reviews. I like my skirts to hide every detail!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm trying to be done with stripes but gosh that cabernet rugby stripe top looks good on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always think I am done with them and then another one catches my eye.

      Delete

Spam will be deleted.