Thursday, August 2, 2012

Gap New Arrivals Picks

The other day I noticed the new arrivals on the website and a few items caught my eye. One of them is the Fitted Boyfriend Plaid Ruffle Shirt in navy and pink plaid. It's all cotton, and would be a nice shirt for work or school. 


On first glance the following reminded me of the Polly Popover from J. Crew, but close up you can see the cute pink elephant print on the Fitted Boyfriend Popover Shirt. The other two versions have horse and owl prints. 


I like slub cotton tees for layering, and the Slub Knit Boy T comes in 12 colours. I think I should be able to find a couple of colours I like in that pile.


The Striped Crewneck Top is all cotton and comes in 3 different colours. Hopefully they are thick enough for winter.

Striped Crewneck Top

The Roll-Sleeve Striped Shirtdress is a bit short (as it hits mid-thigh) for me, but I can see this on a shorter gal or a teenager.

Roll-Sleeve Striped Shirtdress

More suited for my height is the Perfect Oxford Shirtdress, which is supposed to hit above the knee. This one is also all cotton and comes in 2 different colours.

Perfect Oxford Shirtdress

A new striped thick cotton jersey dress is the Nautical Shift. I will have to try this as I skipped all the striped ones at JC this year.

Nautical Shift

Gap has had some really nice reasonably priced trench coats in the last year or so, and the Classic Trench Coat seems to be no exception. Cotton AND machine washable is always a plus.

Classic Trench Coat

The Belted Waxed Twill Jacket seems well made and will have to check it out. I have worn my JC olive coloured one to death in the last couple of years and would love a black one.


The Nylon Parka seems well made as well. It's also the perfect length for a coat I would wear while running errands around town or for a windy day at the beach.


The Gap has had some nice leather jackets in the last couple of years as well. The Shrunken Leather Moto Jacket seems no exception.


A Schoolboy Bag in leather and 3 colours:

Schoolboy Bag

I like how the Gap did  flats a couple of years ago, and I think the Scrunch Flats in suede and leather may be winners again.


And of course, a Gap logo sweatshirt! This one is the Terry Arch Logo Sweatshirt. Like the name says, it's terry (cotton), and also comes in pink, indigo, blue and gray.


I can't wait to pop into the store and try some of these on. How about you?


4 comments:

  1. I have a GAP raincoat (the famous pink one, but in lavender) that I have had for years, and I still get complimented every time I wear it. They sometimes have some hidden treasures in good fabrics among the more casual pieces. Thanks for the heads up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love my Gap coat I got during spring! Everyone compliments me on the colour as well! Thanks for dropping by.

      Delete
  2. Hi! I've been obsessed with stripes lately, so I really love that stripe dress!
    Come say hi: http://www.twoboroughs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looking forward to trying it myself, diane! Thanks for visiting!

      Delete

Spam will be deleted.