Sunday, August 19, 2012

Banana Republic - August

Last weekend I stopped briefly in BR as well, since it's right around from JC and handy to visit. I noticed a whole lot more fall items in Banana Republic than in JC. Noticed a couple of jackets that seemed a bit more interesting. The first one was the Tipped Wool Blazer, size 4 and 'gray melange.' This is my normal jacket size at BR and JC almost all of the time. It's nice, warm and soft and makes a great basic. I wasn't crazy about the lack of lining on it, given it's a fall item. Loved the Abstract Floral Pencil Skirt (size 2), on the other hand. It's comfy and the fabric has a nice sheen to it.

Tipped Wool Blazer (similar here, here, here) 
Abstract Floral Pencil Skirt (similar here, here, here)

Next was the Zip-Pocket Sweater Jacket size S, or my usual size. There is also a black version of this jacket. Just like the Tipped Wool Blazer, this one is also soft and cozy, but since it has no buttons or zipper, it cannot be closed. The skirt is the Welt Pocket Pencil Skirt size 4 and 'cerise.' This cerise has blue undertones. The 'cerise' according to J. Crew is nowhere near this colour, but according to Wikipedia, the BR version would be the correct one.

Zip-Pocket Sweater Jacket (similar here, here, here)
Welt Pocket Pencil Skirt (similar here, here, here)

The Equestrian Trench (size S) is a good transitional piece. Liked the trim around the edges, but I would prefer this to be longer. Unfortunately beige looks terrible on me, so this is not on my wishlist. The top part felt smaller than size S outerwear from BR I tried in the past. I tried it with a cardigan underneath. The trench has a white lining and nice red piping.

 Equestrian Trench (similar here, here, here)

And lastly, a skirt I tried on back in July and never got the chance to post the photos. I loved its versatility a lot. It's the Jacquard Pencil Skirt size 4. This is my BR skirt size most of the time.

Jacquard Pencil Skirt (similar here, here, here)

What else I am liking at BR:

Elena leather tote (in black)
Natalie sunglasses (I tried these on today and they looked really good)

Banana Republic is offering 20% off your purchase through tonight midnight with code BRSAVE. Also, last week I got a 40% off regularly price items on Wednesday between 11 a.m. - 2 p.m. Hopefully they will repeat that offer. Just sign up to receive their promos.

Anything exciting at BR for you? Please share.

As always, thank you for reading and have a great Sunday, everyone!


2 comments:

  1. I wanted to see what that equestrian trench looks like. Still more excited about Gap than BR right now, but we'll see....they keep changing it up on us :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nice, but I would like it a bit longer. My last coat was from the Gap, not BR.

      Delete

Spam will be deleted.