Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Anthro - August

The Geo-Mod Velvet Pencil Skirt by Maeve was an eye-catcher the moment I entered the store. I sized up to size 6 in this one. For reference, I usually fit into size 4 or 6 in Maeve clothes. The cardigan is the Tiered Ruffles Open Cardigan size S. The sweater has layers of ruffles on the back and two pockets at the front. In the right-hand photo I used a belt but I think this sweater is better left unbelted.   


Here are views from the back and the side.


The Moretown Jacket looks a lot like the Tartan Boucle Blazer I reviewed last year. It has the same synthetic feeling of the Tartan Boucle Blazer, same hook & eye closure at the waist and the same tie belt. The only variation seems to be the colour of the fabric. The content label says polyester/wool 61/39.

Moretown Jacket (similar here)
Sweater Skirt (similar here, here, here)

The Dashes Knit Blazer size S in 'black' is very comfy to wear and I loved the pink lining. It reminds me of the Thandie Blazer I own, except the Thandie has a much nicer fibre content. The Dashes Knit Blazer has a pretty lining, though (bottom photo).

 
Dashes Knit Blazer (similar here, here, here)

And lastly, the Open-Air Theater Dress in the 'brown motif' and size 4, or my regular dress size at Anthro. The skirt is a thin cotton cord material, while the lining is cotton. Loved the side pockets. This dress would be perfect for fall, worn with a jacket or a cardigan.

Open-Air Theater Dress

I would also like to try on:


Have you been to Anthro lately? Anything you must have there?

Hope your week is going well so far. 

12 comments:

  1. I'm dying to see the geo pencil skirt in person. So pretty and I love velvet! I think it would be great with a black turtleneck and boots for winter.
    Thanks for the reviews!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's gorgeous, JulieStyles! I loved it, even though the geometric pattern doesn't line up at the side seams.

      Delete
  2. I agree..the first two blazers look like similar ones from last year..I guess thats good though for the ones that missed out..its also good for my wallet..one less thing to add to my want list...

    Rosalyn
    www.just2fancy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agree - more left for other wants at Anthro. :)

      Delete
  3. The Open Air dress is gorgeous on you. I am off to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's very cute, KnitYarns! I'm sure you'll like it.

      Delete
  4. I literally liked EVERYTHING you tried on--esp. though the first outfit!!! I'm just getting bit by the Anthro. Bug...
    Thanks for the reviews

    ReplyDelete
  5. My store finally got the AG Stevies in colors and cords this week... I'm between sizes in the corduroy and none of the colors inspire instant lust, but I fell in love with the turquoise (a deep, almost green teal) Stevie Ankle Color jeans and decided to take them home. Assuming that they don't shrink significantly in length after washing, I think I may just keep them despite the painful price.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, AG Stevies have a hefty price tag, so they had better deliver! Hope they last a long time for you.

      Delete
  6. I like the elegance of the theatre dress on you and easy to wear with cardy, The Geo dress has an interesting pattern with cool Sixties colours. Agree with Julie black turtle neck and boots!

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted.