Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Margate Satchel & an OOTD

We got a reprieve from the rain, finally, and forecasts are predicting sunny skies through the weekend. It's about time, I say. I wore my Margate Satchel in'stormy sea' colour for the first time today and received several compliments on it.

J. Crew & Madewell OOTD
J. Crew Braidee Platform Heels (similar here, here, here)
Madewell Looking Glass Charm (similar here)
Prada Sunglasses (similar here, here, here)
Clinique Long-Lasting Lipstick Bamboo Pink (get it here, here, or here)

And here are some photos of the Margate Satchel. A photo taken with flash:


And in natural light:


The exterior pocket is quite roomy and great for keys and my pass card:


 Interior zip pocket for passport and such:


 Two other pockets on opposite side, like most of the other JC bags I own:


And metal feet!


So far, the satchel has been holding up well to the weight I carry around (small wallet, sunglasses, make-up case, keys, cheque book), unlike the Biennial Satchel I had in November.

If you missed out on this bag, here are some other great blue/navy ones:

Hamilton satchel (Michael Kors)
Domed buckle satchel  (Dooney & Bourke)
Double pocket satchel (Dooney & Bourke)
Classic Q Hillier hobo (Marc Jacobs)
Samantha hobo (Cynthia Rowley)
Leather transport tote (Madewell)

Hope you are having a great rest of the week, everyone!


11 comments:

  1. Oh lucky you, it's still horrendous here, I am dying to get out in summer clothes. The bag is a lovely blue, you and Dani have made me lust after blue bags now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries. I'm sure another low pressure front is just around the corner. Thank you! It's actually darker than the photos, but for some reason it shows quite blue here.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for these IRL pictures! I'm with Tabitha, that's a lovely blue bag!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice bag, it looks functional and the blue is very pretty. It seems the color is brighter than the Margate clutch, is it? A satchel is my typical go-to shape for bags and this one looks pretty good. I'm trying not to buy any more bags for a while but this one is really tempting me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the same colour as the purse, but it shows more blue on the screen. It's more of a 'Prussian' blue.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for letting me know the color is the same. I was hoping it was brighter but I see it is sold out online anyway.

      Delete
  4. I like the navy colour and the metal feet are always a nice touch (a detail often missed on bags!). Love your combination of pale pink and navy blue!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Louise! Metal feet were a nice surprise.

      Delete
  5. Love that bag - super cute! I always love getting a new purse :)

    I'm now following!

    http://allthingsalisamarie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, and thanks for visiting, Alisa Marie!

      Delete

Spam will be deleted.