Monday, July 30, 2012

J. Crew Shoes & Bag

Yesterday CC and I met for breakfast/lunch and then headed to JC, as usual. The store had received some new arrivals since I had been there last week, and they were on display. Upstairs in the bags/shoes department, I noticed this metal owl for the first time. I think it's adorable.


Up there I tried on the high heel MacAlisters. I tried the wedges here before. The high heels were also tight across the top of my foot due to my high arch, but not as bad as the wedges. They fit TTS and really liked both colours. It would be hard to choose, but I think the ones in 'nut' would be more versatile for me.



Downstairs I tried on shoes that were on super sale, such as the Audra Sandals in 'light gold' and the Cecelia Buckle Sandals in 'radio red.' The gold of the Audra Sandals is definitely not light coloured. It's in fact, quite bright, unlike what the website photo shows.

 Audra Sandals (similar here, here, here)   

In the end I chose the Cecelia Buckle Sandals because my feet were spilling sideways in the gold sandals, as you can see from the photo above. The piece between my toes on the gold sandals was uncomfortable. The reds were fitting very comfortably on my feet.


I was finally able to also see the Biennial Hobo in 'saddle' in the store. I expected it to be smaller, for some reason, as is the case with most of the JC bags. This bag is quite roomy and now comes in 5 colours. It also has compartments built into the side walls that close with zippers at the top.  Although I suspect I would just dump everything in the middle compartment and forget about the side walls.

Biennial Hobo (similar here, here, here)

More photos in a future post. I did take some of the clothes as well, and hope to post them soon.

Hope you all had a great weekend and that your week has started on a good note.

10 comments:

  1. I love the Cecelia in red. I got the high heeled version, but would have preferred the flats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are cute. I liked the heeled ones as well. I almost never do flats, but thought I could use a pair. It's the only one I own.

      Delete
  2. Oh I fear owls, whether metal or feather and blood! Weird spooky looking things.
    What I would do to get into a J Crew B & M more often, even if one opens in London, it will cost me $400 to get there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tabitha - I hear you! Portland it getting a JCrew in August. That is only 5 hours away! I am planning to visit again even if it is only an overnighter in the fall!

      Delete
    2. There's nothing to fear, Tabs! They are very useful creatures! I know exactly how you feel, since we used to haul ourselves all the way to Seattle to a store!

      WMM, for some reason I thought you lived in Canada.

      Delete
  3. Great reviews! My daughter actually bought the wedge on the weekend - it is lovely, isn't it? I admire the high heels on you but they are sadly not for me anymore! I like the bag, but I think my heart belongs to the Brompton!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The high heels are not that high, really. I wish I could fit in the wedges, but they were too tight. I also prefer the Brompton to the Biennial.

      Delete
  4. Great review on the shoes. I am looking for the Audra sandals. At what store did you see these sandals? Were they on sale?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi goldengirl! They were in the Vancouver store, for $24.99, I believe.

      Delete
  5. Thanks Rose! Hopefully I can find them in my size.

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted.