Saturday, July 28, 2012

J. Crew - July (VIII)

Today I was able to pop into the store briefly to check out some of the new arrivals. There were no new shoes or bags that I've noticed. More items will be in tomorrow, but for now here's the Port of Call Sweatshirt size XS, or one size smaller than I normally wear. They call this a 'thin weave,' but I call it a thick slub cotton. Loved the feel of this sweatshirt and would like to get it eventually. The Ankle Stretch Toothpick Jean in Garment-Dyed Twill size 28 and 'byzantine blue' colour. I am normally size 27 in matchsticks and 28 in toothpicks at J. Crew. The Seville Canvas & Satin Wedge Espadrilles have been in the store for a while. I was debating between these and the Seville Wedge Espadrilles in 'flax' and chose the latter since I figured they'd be more versatile.


Next are the Accordion Pleat Top size XS and the Bennett Cropped Chino in Snowcat size 2. Initially I thought the top would be on my wishlist, but not any longer. The bottom edge is unfinished and it didn't look very flattering at all. The pants are my regular size at J. Crew, but these ones are really tight. I should have sized up to a 4 in them. The shoes are the Patent Valentinas in size 8 (my regular shoe size) and 'black.' They fit TTS and love them!You have seen me trying on the ones in 'poppy' here before.


Colorblock Sequin Top in size S and 'mist navy' is my regular top size. I've tried this top on a while back on a different trip. It's a cute summer tank top, if you are into sequins.


Lastly, an older item which was brought into our store from somewhere else, since we do not get Collection items here. These are the Cafe Capris in Pompon Jacquard size 2. The pants are lined with acetate lining. They are quite bright with the red and gold throughout and they are definitely not an everyday pair of pants. The Cecelia High-Hell Buckle Sandals in my regular shoe size 8 and 'light gold' have been reduced to $24.99. Currently they also had 25% off the sale items.


I have a few more photos for a future post. Have you seen any of the new arrivals? Which ones are your favourites?

Thank you for reading, and have a great weekend, everyone!

10 comments:

  1. Thank you for the great reviews. I agree about the pleated top. What a shame. I also looked at the sequin shirt, because I loved the color, but I think my sequin buying days are over. The Valentina shoes look great with the snow leopard pants!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome! I own very few sequins myself, but like you, I think my sequin days are over. It seems I buy gold thread pants now. LOL I agree about the Valentinas. I think they look great with anything!

      Delete
  2. Hi Rose
    I tried on the pompom jacquard capri as well. I could have got them for $28 I passed....as you said no everyday pant. While I loved the material (very vintage) The lining bugged me and they seemed cheaply constricted for a COLLECTION item. I thought where/when would I wear these ? I wanted to buy them at first only because they were such a good deal. But luckily sanity prevailed. I almost got the same sydneys as you did but I choose the via flats in the bronzed clay instead. I like them but I have never had to size up in shoes ever before...but in these I had to...go figure. The sale the other day was so amazing I almost bought alot just because of the prices...but as I said I thought twice and put many things back. The fact that we had such low prices makes me want to try holding out longer now for fall items and wait for super sales like this again.
    I am not loving any of the jeweley,purses or shoes of the new roll out....maybe the best is yet to come. Have a nice weekend Carolyn form Vancouver

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting! The lining is acetate, which I prefer for a lining. I would probably wear them to the staff Christmas party or to a concert... or even to a wedding. I think they could be a very pretty show piece.

      I tried the Viv flats myself in half a size larger and I still couldn't walk properly in them, so I think I won't have Vivs in my future.

      I agree with you about the sale on Tuesday. I could have walked out with thousands $$ worth of clothes bought for peanuts myself!

      Delete
  3. I had high hopes for the Accordion top too, sad it did not deliver. I remember I had similar problem with Accordion pleat dress from the past seasons- had a promise that was not fulfilled.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad I am not the only one who thinks the same. Thanks for visiting, Slastena!

      Delete
  4. I had been looking at that Sweatshirt of Great Destinations, too. Funny, lately I've been having doubts about legible clothing. I treasure my French Market Tees, remember those? The Sweatshirt of GD is cute, but possibly a little reminiscent of Junior Year Abroad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I missed out on Market Tees, unfortunately and I agree about reminiscent about the JYA! However, for the walks at the beach, I don't think it will matter. The fabric is very nice, in my opinion.

      Delete
  5. I love the Port of call sweatshirt, long sleeves on me of course! :o)
    The sequin tank looks very cute and I love the colors, I would consider it on sale - I have more than I really wear! :P
    Thnx for the reviews!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting, Andrea! I like the white/navy combo too! It's so pretty!

      Delete

Spam will be deleted.