Monday, July 23, 2012

J. Crew - July (VII)

Here are a few more photos from my stop at JC last weekend. First, the Denim Western Shirt size 4. This is one size larger than I normally wear in tops at JC, but the shoulders were quite narrow in the regular size 2. The sleeves, on the other hand, are extremely long on me. The denim fabric is quite substantial. I am not a big fan of snap closures, as they tend to come undone at the most inopportune time. My favourite denim shirt so far is still the Soft-Wash Denim Shirt from Banana Republic. 

The skirt is the Pencil Skirt in Superfine Cotton size 2 and 'navy.' This skirt was $36.99 minus 50% in the store.


Next is the Tippi Sweater size S and 'brilliant yellow.' The colour looks more subdued in the photo, but this sweater sure is bright. It's one of the 14 colours the merino Tippi is offered in this fall. This colour doesn't go well with my complexion, but I am certain I can find one among the 14 that does. The bracelet on my wrist is the Frog-Clasp Bracelet is currently sold out on the website. It's a fun piece, but I am not sure it is 'me.'

Tippi Sweater (similar here, here, here)
Frog-Clasp Bracelet (more 'frog' bracelets here, here, here)

As I mentioned in my previous JC post, I tried on quite a few shoes on my last visit. These are the Valentina Patent Pumps size 8 and 'poppy.' This is my regular shoe size at JC and the pumps fit comfortably.


Next are the Martina Patent Wedges in size 8 and 'apricot mist.' These fit the same as the ones in 'bronzed clay' I tried on last year - a bit tight in the toe box.


The Martina Leopard Wedges I am trying on are size 8 1/2. This is the new pattern at J. Crew this fall. I liked the Tortoise Wedges from last year a bit better. The half size larger fits a lot better.


And lastly, here's the Little Edie Purse in 'pecan,' just to show the proportions and the size of this bag. Not much fits in it, as you can tell:

 

That's all for now. Earlier today I got the High-Waisted Denim Skirt in Farmstand Wash and the Polly Popover in Silk-Screen Dot I picked up during the OURTREAT promo. You have seen the denim skirt here before, and I can't wait to wear it! Same goes for the Origami Sheath Dress in Wool Crepe in 'decadent red' that was a deal at the sale price minus the 50% offered by the store. You have seen this dress here before.

I am guessing every JCA is waiting for Thursday to arrive for the new stock to hit the stores, me included. 

Thank you for visiting and hope your week has started well!

19 comments:

  1. Thanks for the reviews, I was so dazzled by the bulging sale section that I hardly noticed the FP items ;) I couldn't believe how the sale section took up half the store! The new shoes are quite nice, aren't they? The Martina Wedges in printed patent and blue suede are my picks. I'm gonna have to schedule a visit to the store later this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I actually pointed it to the PS that it's getting closer and closer to the entrance!

      Love the new shoes! I am thinking a pair of Valentinas, but those SW from the 'similar' list are so tempting!

      I'm coming too! :)

      Delete
  2. Oh! Those red shoes are exquisite in real life! I think they belong in my closet! I am anxious to try on the pumps in store this weekend as I am not sure of my size in the valentinas and it is so expensive to send things back that don't work. I truly love those shoes! I like the wedges and the other things you tried on as well, but the red shoes - wow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WMM get those Valentina poppy shoes for your coat!

      Delete
    2. Yours and mine as well, WMM! :)

      Delete
  3. Rose thanks for the reviews. That Edie bag is so tiny, I think I could fit more in my pocket.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome, Dani! Yes, it's a tiny one all right. I guess it's the bag you take to rock concerts. ;)

      Delete
  4. Ooh, the Valentina pumps are striking! Wish I had a need for them. I want for yellow but it never looks right on me either. Thanks for the reviews!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are beautiful! Thank you for visiting!

      Delete
  5. Is that the denim western shirt that is the linen and cotton blend? I wonder if it will shrink because it is bigger than the all cotton version from last year. I know what you mean about snaps but I like how it's traditional for western shirts.

    Oh don't tell me about the superfine cotton skirt. I splurged and bought two superfine suits with both skirt and pants. But I love the fabric so really don't regret it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's item 63039. I don't recall last year's version, but this one is tight in the shoulders and I sized up in it as well. It's not on my list, even though the fabric is very nice.

      Delete
  6. Thanks for these great reviews, as always!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome, Rynetta, and thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  7. Thank you so much for the reviews. Glad to know how tiny the new Edie is. As well, could you please tell me about your striped sweater that you are wearing with the Edie?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting, dominique! I am wearing the Tippi Sweater in Linen Stripe.

      Delete
  8. Thank you for your shoe and accessory reviews. J Crew always has the cutest leather goods, and I always appreciate fit suggestions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, KnitYarns! Some nice things at JC, always! :)

      Delete
  9. It's so good to see the shoes. Thanks so much! :)

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted.