Monday, July 16, 2012

J. Crew - July (V)

On the latest JC visit, the beautiful new scarves in the store caught my eye almost immediately:


I went back to check out the Filigree Jacket I had on hold. I didn't like it as much as I did the first time I laid eyes on it. It looked tired and shopworn and didn't think it will wear well, so I left it behind for a second (and hopefully last) time. You have seen me try this jacket on here before. The skirt is the No. 2 Pencil Skirt in size 2 and 'golden burgundy.' It is currently on sale and with the additional 40% it comes down to about $42 in price. This colour will wear nicely into the fall season.


The Cece Leather Ballet Flats size 8 and 'tawny sand' fit TTS and are very comfortable. The 'tawny sand' is almost identical to my skin colour.

 

This is one of the new cashmere Tippis (item #19869). The colour is 'FPL' and is more pink than the 'soft lilac' of the sweater in this post.

Tippi Cashmere Sweater (similar here, here)

The local Robson Street store was still running the 50% off the sale items promo today. The website has the 40% off code OURTREAT going on. I caved and got the Polly Popover I've been wanting since it appeared on the website:

Polly Popover

Also coming to me is the High-Waisted Denim Pencil Skirt in Farmstand Wash. You have seen me trying this skirt on here before.


Did you order or will you order anything during this sale? Please share!

Hope you had a great beginning of the week! Please remember to enter my giveaway here.


11 comments:

  1. I can't wait to be a in a real bricks and mortar in a couple of weeks! I love the look of those scarves!!!

    I bought the golden burgundy a couple of weeks back, but have decided to save it for September into the fall - I think it is such a pretty colour! I really like those ballet flats!

    Am anxious to see the cashmere tippis - what kind of price point were they here in Canada?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The burgundy will be a nice colour for fall. I didn't check the local store for prices, WMM, but I can find out. This was at UVillage in Seattle.

      Delete
  2. We didn't have the cashmere tippis yet, just the v-necks. I did love the burgundy color, and thought it would pair nicely with that skirt. However, I'm holding out a hope that maybe they'll do a double-serge wool in that color! I did the same thing with the Filigree and ended up putting it back. Oddly enough, I kept coming back to the neon tweed, and finally took it home. It likely won't stand the test of time, but I think it will be fun for a few years. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have the V-neck in my next post and be aware that the burgundy ind the skirt and the sweater is not the same shade. I know what you mean about the neon tweed jacket. It's a much better material than the Filigree. I'm glad I was not the only one who thought the jacket looked terrible after a while.

      Delete
  3. I placed an order on Saturday before the sale and got the button front striped dress. Yesterday I ordered the double serge pencil skirt in black and the whisper linen cardigan. I love that burgundy skirt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting, C! I have the black skirt as well. It's a great basic. I didn't get the burgundy. Yet. :D

      Delete
  4. I'm living in denim skirts this summer, this one and the pale green, which is great with a tank that matches, well, blends, to look almost dress-like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOVE denim skirts as well! Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  5. I placed an order on Saturday before the sale and got the button front striped dress. Yesterday I ordered the double serge pencil skirt in black and the whisper linen cardigan. I love that burgundy skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you made the right call on the jacket - I saw it in the store today and I agree with you, I don't think it will wear well. I also caved and purchased a few final sale items - the seersucker pencil skirt, a cashmere cardigan and the green Lucille dress. I'm debating a few more things but I am really shopped out at this point.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you are the 3rd person who agreed on the Filigree jacket. The seersucker skirt is a great basic. You will wear it forever! Great buys!

      Delete

Spam will be deleted.