Monday, July 9, 2012

J. Crew - July (III)

While waiting for a friend, I popped into JC this past weekend to pick up the Stripe Popover. I tried this top here before and liked it enough to get it once it hit sale. With some time on my hands still, I thought I'd try a few things on, among which was the Lucille Dress in Cotton-Silk Faille  size 6. I've tried this in the green colour  here before. Size 6 is the larger of my 2 dress sizes. The waist is a bit high on me because I have a long torso, but other than that, this is a beautiful dress. The fabric is gorgeous. I wish they made it into a shift shape instead. I don't see many of those at JC this year, which is unfortunate.

Lucille Dress in Cotton-Silk Faille (similar here, here, here)

Next was a white shirt with small polka dots, size 2 (item #94928). The price on the tag is in Canadian dollars. The fabric is a substantial cotton which will make this shirt a great fall piece.Edit: this is the Oxford Boy Shirt in Polka Dot.

 
Oxford Boy Shirt in Polka Dot (similar here, here, here)

Next was the  Ink-Dip Popover also in my regular top size 2 and 'vivid turquoise.' This one is also cotton, but much finer than the white one above. This colour doesn't look that good on me, so I would probably get this top in either 'african violet' or 'neon persimmon.'

Ink-Dip Popover (similar here, here, here)

And lastly, the Workwear Shirtdress size 2. This would be a great denim dress if it were about 3 inches longer (I am 5'6"). It has a hem about 2 inches wide that could be let out by a seamstress, possibly.

Workwear Shirtdress (similar here, here, here)

That's all for now. Even though summer's just started, I am already looking forward to fall. Some of the items from this rollout that I think would work for me into the fall:

Featherweight cashmere boatneck tee (IRL photos here - 2 posts)
Tippi sweater (IRL photos here)

The 'MUSTHAVE' sale is just about to end at J. Crew. Was there a MUST-HAVE on the website for you? Please share.

Thank you for reading, and hope that your week has started well.

8 comments:

  1. I can't wait for the fall rollout, I've barely worn any summer clothes this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, since fall is just around the corner.

      Delete
  2. Rose - Thanks for the pictures - I do love that Lucille dress! I am just now getting into my summer clothes - but no more buying summer clothes for me!

    I did score the tippi in the leopard print on the 30% off sale a couple of weeks ago and it arrived yesterday and I am really happy with it - I think it will be a great transition piece into the fall!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barely any summer around these parts too. Up until last week it was cold and rainy!

      Great score on the Tippi. I have a black one and wore it a lot in the spring.

      Delete
  3. Hey girl thanks for dropping by my blog today! I love that pop over shirt - looks so comfy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting, Alisa Marie! It is comfy!

      Delete
  4. Is it me or are you being converted (gasp) shirts? LOL

    The dress looks lovely on you. I tried it on a few weeks ago, and if I had an event to attend this summer, it would have came home with me.

    I gave you the One Lovely Blog Award, posted on my blog tonight.

    http://onetoomanyclosets.blogspot.ca/2012/07/road-trip-and-lovely-award.html

    Thanks for all your great reviews, and timely interventions!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not at all. I packed up all but 2 of my shirts and they are going to my sis.

      Thank you! I like it too, just wish it were a straight dress for the ruler types like me.

      Thank you again!

      Bahahahah! I had to think what timely intervention you were talking about. :)

      Delete

Spam will be deleted.