Sunday, July 8, 2012

J. Crew - July (II)

I stayed well away from the Cafe Capris in Kaleidoscope Dot since I didn't think I would ever wear something like this, and then I tried them on. I was surprised by how nicely they fit and how comfy they are. I am wearing size 2, or the usual pants size, and they fit similarly to the Cafe Capri in Safari Cat I tried on here. The side view is to show you the pattern at the seam. The sweater is the Featherweight Cashmere Stripe Boatneck Tee size XS and 'flame navy.' This is one size smaller than I normally wear in sweaters and tops at J. Crew.


The shoes are the Viv Patent Flats in my regular shoe size. The length is a perfect fit, but for some reason the right foot felt tight in the width. They feel less comfortable than the Mila Ballet Flats I tried on here  before. These are a pass for me.


Featherweight Cashmere Stripe Boatneck Tee in size XS and 'nectar azalea.' I've tried this sweater in size S here before. This is a more fitted look, and I would get this size if I didn't have to layer anything underneath. Love the stripes of pink and light peach. The lighter colour of the stripes is not very visible in the photos, unfortunately.


Lastly, the Margate Satchel in 'cedar plank.' I liked the structure of the bag so much I wanted it in a another colour. Can you believe I do not own such a basic colour bag? In fact, until a few years ago I didn't own any other colour than black.

Margate Satchel (similar here, here, here)

The PS told me new mark-downs were made in the store, such as the Stripe Popover I tried on here before. I am heading there this afternoon and will report back.

Hope you are having a great Sunday! I am going for another long walk at the beach (6K total). Remember to stay hydrated and to wear sunscreen and a hat in the hot weather!


6 comments:

  1. I've been trying to resist the boatneck striped cashmere...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean, Sue! It's so pretty!

      Delete
  2. The kaleidoscope dot capris look really good! They are something different. Have fun at the beach:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so cute, I agree! Thanks for visiting! :)

      Delete
  3. Love your blog! :)
    Jeannie
    www.colorfulcorporate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jeannie, and thank you for visiting!

      Delete

Spam will be deleted.