Monday, July 2, 2012

J. Crew - July (I)

This morning I happened to be downtown again for a visit to Holt's. I had a gift card that was exactly enough to cover a new bottle of my favourite scent. Knowing that the 30% off sale was still going on at J. Crew, my bloggie friend and I popped in there for a bit as well. I have read a lot of JCAs got the new kitty print Cafe Capris, but I never got tempted enough to try them. Well, to my surprise, I actually liked them on me. The fabric is 100% linen and quite substantial too. I can't say well how they will hold up their shape after one sits down in them, but I like the fit and the look. I am wearing the normal size 2 pants here. The top was instant love, though, even though it is a bit sheer. This is the Cashmere Two-Tone Sweatshirt (item 62105, colour AFL or 'azalea flax') size XS. I only see the 'turquoise aqua' on sale on the website. The newer colours you can see if doing a search for the item number are still  full price.

Cashmere Two-Tone Sweatshirt (similar here, here, here)
Cafe Capri in Safari Cat (similar here, here, here)
Sevigne Wedges (old)(similar here, here, here)

The Pom-Pom Shell in size 4 and white. This is one size larger than I normally take in most J. Crew tops. It has a cute collar and exposed back zipper. The 'citrus lime' version is much more green than it shows on my monitor, much like the eyelet skirt I reviewed here.

 Pom-Pom Shell (similar here, here, here)
Cafe Capri in Safari Cat

Lastly, a much loved Sequin Anchor Tank in size S, my regular top size at J. Crew. It appears our city hasn't jumped all over this, since the sale section had many of this item. It might have to do with the fact that we haven't had much of a summer yet. Please excuse the blurry left photo. The anchor sequin pattern wraps around the left side of the body.

Sequin Anchor Tank (anchor tanks here, here)


The store sale section was quite large. Not sure how long before the 30% sale ends, but I saw still lots of cotton pencil skirts (esp. the gold colour), raj paisley skirts, rope print skirts, cafe capris, porcelain skirts and dresses, as well as perfect tees, featherweight colorblock cardigans, terry maxidresses and summerlight terry pullovers.


I walked out with the Margate Satchel in 'stormy sea' seen here before. The in-store price was $139.99 minus 30%. There was one more of the same colour and four 'cedar plank' ones left. I will review the bag in a future post. The purse version was more expensive. Go figure.

Do you own this bag? How do you like it?

Hope you all had a great beginning of the week!

24 comments:

  1. Thanks for the link love! Tried on a few things but nothing new/noteworthy. The price discrepancies between US stores and Canadian and the site are driving me bonkers. I can't decide if I should pull the trigger on something if I have to check 3 different places!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome! I'm with you. We didn't have that problem before we had a store up here. :D

      Delete
  2. I don't own the bag but I want all the clothes you are showing! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would like to own them too, tiffany rose!

      Delete
  3. Those safari cat pants look fantastic on you! I was really tempted by them until I saw they were dry clean only - I'm too lazy for that!

    Thank you so much for your blog. I rely on it a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cate O. I didn't even notice they are dry clean only. Truth be told, I have washed all my 'dry clean only' items and none disintegrated yet. You are very welcome!

      Delete
  4. Oh darn! I am really debating those capris. I do not need them, but they seem very elegant to me - kind of "LA meets the french riviera..."

    everything looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, WMM! You are too kind! Yeah, I know what you mean about not needing another pair of anything. :D

      Delete
  5. I received the Margate Satchel the other day from the 30% off online sale and I really love it! I had originally ordered the purse, but when the Satchel went to sale, I grabbed it and decided on that one. It's a great color, size and shape for me. Thanks for the reviews!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great deal, isn't it? I agree, I think it's the perfect size.

      Delete
  6. Hi do u feel the Pom Pom shell runs true to size? I usually take a 0 xs in their tops and am 34a. I'd like to get this on sale hopefully but can't try it on since I'm preg. Tia!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would stick to my usual size. Size 2 seemed a bit too narrow in the chest to me so I grabbed the 4. Best would be to ask for measurements before you order. If I happen to go back to the store this week I will try the regular size.

      Delete
  7. I'm really surprised the sequin anchor tank hasn't received more love this season. I was sure it would be one of those items that would sell out at full price. Oh well, more for me! ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am too, although Vancouver is pretty subdued when it comes to clothing. You won't see a lot of sequins here. At least that's my opinion.

      Delete
  8. I haven't jumped on the anchor print bandwagon yet this season but I am this > < close. That sequin tank is kind of glam but still kind of kitschy and fun - I adore it. Is full-on sequins too much for summer day?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lisa! I guess it depends where you would be wearing it. I wouldn't wear it to the office, but going out for lunch on the weekend, I see no problem wearing it during the day.

      Delete
  9. Maybe this is a dumb question, but is the margate satchel a tight fit when you wear it on your shoulder? I'm a few inches taller than you, and nervous that it would be a tight squeeze (I am not into hand bags--they just aren't practical for me). It is such a gorgeous bag--and both colors are beautiful! I don't think either of my stores got it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Wendy! Not a dumb question at all. If you look at my previous post where I show the satchel, you can see I can fit it on my shoulder. It fits OK with a sweater or a thin jacket, but I doubt it would work in the winter time when you wear a thick coat. HTH

      Delete
  10. I'm not coveting too much lately, but I did buy the raj paisley skirt and love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's one paisley I didn't get. I need to concentrate on my winter attire more. :)

      Delete
  11. I own entire bath line in Jo Malone's Orange Blossom- I like to mix it with another scent I have. Great stuff! I totally adore printed capris on you- I ended up not getting them, but you are rocking them. I did get sequin anchor tank in S too, so we'll be twins- almost ( I can't grow few inches, so we'll be more of DeVito (me) and Arnold type of twins)>:))))))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew we had something else in common! :) Thank you very much, Slastena! That's hardly the case, about the twins, but you are hilarious!

      Delete
  12. I love all the looks but my fav is the pink sweater with the leopard pants so cute! new follower ;)

    xx
    Julie
    http://lovecardelia.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much, Julie! Thanks for visiting!

      Delete

Spam will be deleted.