Sunday, July 1, 2012

Gap New Arrivals

Yesterday afternoon I was able to make my way to the nearest Gap to check out in person some of the new arrivals. They were already picked over, but I am not surprised. This particular store always is picked over. The 1969 Polka Dot Boyfriend Shirt was just as I expected from the website photos. The fabric was a bit thicker than I imagined, so you can wear it well into the fall or even winter. I am wearing size S, my usual size in tops. The shirt is a bit fitted, unlike what the website says.

 1969 Polka Dot Boyfriend Shirt (similar here, here)
(Floral chambray here, here)

The Railroad Stripe Military Jacket was also another cute piece. There was no size S to try on, so I took XS, which seemed roomy enough. Size M was quite a bit larger looking. It's a tad small, so probably size S will fit well.


The T-Strap Wedge Sandals I talked about earlier, in my regular size 8, feel comfortable on. The leather is nice and soft. Overall they look better than most I've seen at the Gap so far. I can't comment how they will feel after walking for a while in them, but they were easy to walk in around the store.

 

And a cute Embroidered Babydoll Dress size S. It's fully lined, all cotton, and feels very breezy. The embroidery on the front is very pretty.

Embroidered Babydoll Dress 

The Gap has quite a few white summer dresses this year:


Other designers'/retailers' white dresses I liked:

Dobby stripe cotton dress (DKNY)
Tahari white cotton jacquard (Bluefly)
Cotton sateen lace stripe dress (Ann Taylor)
Strapless cotton faille dress (White House)
Cotton sleeveless shiftdress (Tracy Reese)
Sleeveless eyelet cotton wrap dress (Tommy Hilfiger)
Cotton eyelet dress (Kay Unger)
Belted cotton dress (Ralph Lauren)
Beaded cotton-voile maxi dress (Tibi)
Belted cutout cotton dress (Moschino)
Belted fit & flare cotton dress (Maggy London)

The only one white dress I have is the Lace Blouson Dress from J. Crew. Do you have a white summer dress? I'm guessing it has to be a staple in every closet, just like a LBD should be. Please share!

Have a great rest of the weekend, all!



14 comments:

  1. Hi. Thanks for reviewing the polka dot chambray. I have my eye on that one and went to the store yesterday to check it out, but they won't have it until next week. That white dress looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then you may be in luck. Around here they are going fast. Thank you!

      Delete
  2. Oh you I do, I have 4 but that's enough, no more, line drawn!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing wrong with 4 if you wear them all the time. Mine gets little wear because we don't have much summer.

      Delete
  3. I do, and I haven't worn it yet, thanks for reminding me Rose!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh...I have 2 denim/chambray shirts already...dare I add a 3rd? ;) No white dress in my closet. I'm too afraid of dropping ice cream, sauce and coffee on it. I am looking for a gauzy white blouse though. I should check out the Gap since JC didn't seem to have one that I like this year. Thanks for the reviews!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, 2 is enough for anyone. Just kidding, of course... There is that peasant top I have yet to spot in the store.

      Delete
  5. I have two LWDs, one is a white Attache that I wear to work and the other one is cream silk chiffon that I just wore for the first time last Saturday. Now that I am not afraid of LWD anymore I am constantly tempted by a new one , but I think two is enough for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is always room for another one, as long as you can get good wear out of them, I say! :)

      Delete
  6. Thanks for reviewing the polka dot chambray top. I saw it on the website yesterday and was tempted. I actually tried on the J Crew version and loved it. My only wish was that the polka dots were bigger, so this Gap one might be the one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they are both cute, but I agree, the Gap one has larger dots a lot of people like better. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  7. Thanks for these great reviews, as always! I can't wait to get my polka dot shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know I am way late on this one, but I need those GAP wedges! (sz 8.5 or 9) Who/where/how can I buy them, now that GAP no longer carries them? Please, do you have any advice on where to find them? I already searched ebay...
    Thank you!
    Marty

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted.