Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Banana Republic - July (I)

I spent my lunch hour in BR today. Since I get their e-mails, I was reminded of the 40% off one regular item (or 25% off sale items) sale today. The store has received some new items, and since my time was limited, I managed to try on only a few. One of them was the Hannah Shirred Dress size S. It's made of rayon and drapes nicely, and it's machine washable, which is always desired. The side ruching is perfect for hiding just about everything. I wish it came in a darker grey.

Hannah Shirred Dress (similar here, here, here)

Next was the Bordered T-Shirt Dress also size S. The colour is called 'bird of paradise.' Okaaaay. I liked the idea of the dress but not the beige colour, which does nothing for my pasty complexion. It's 100% cotton and feels very comfortable to wear.

Bordered T-Shirt Dress (similar here, here, here)

The Stripe Ponte Knit Skirt size 4 and 'true navy' is comfortable, but I didn't like how the exposed zipper cause the left side to look bumpy. It's also not as nice and thick as the Striped Downtown Skirt from Madewell I blogged about here. Interesting that both skirts have the same composition of rayon/nylon and some stretch, but the Madewell one is superior, in my opinion. The top is the Ribbon-Trim Tank  also in size S. Nice idea, but the fabric is quite sheer, as you can tell. It might be better in the darker colours it comes in as well.

 Ribbon-Trim Tank (similar here, here, here)
Stripe Ponte Knit Skirt (similar here, here, here)

And lastly,  a red cardigan which I do not see on the website yet, also size S. It is extremely thin, probably 'featherweight.' I think I'll pass and look for something made with a more substantial yarn.

Red Cardi (similar here, here, here)

What I am liking at BR and would love to check out soon:

Sateen crop (comes in 8 colours)
Kate platform pump (colour and height look a lot like my J. Crew ones)
Gracie suede mary jane pump (in 'oxblood' colour) 
Oval focal necklace (a different kind of 'bubble' necklace)

Have you been to BR lately? What did you like there? Please share!

Thanks for visiting, and have a great rest of the week, everyone!

Please enter my Summer Giveaway to win a Ram's Head Necklace from J. Crew here if you have not already done so. Giveaway is open to ALL readers. Good luck!




4 comments:

  1. Its so funny I just never step into BR, but seeing these prize pieces I need to get in there too sweet.The t-shirt dress looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Some of their new things are very nice!

      Delete

Spam will be deleted.