Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Anthro - July (I)

Earlier I got wind that the Farmer's Egg Crate was on sale at Anthro, so today I popped in there during my lunch hour to buy it. I ended up getting one in each colour, and probably one of them will make a nice present. And since I hadn't been there in a couple of weeks or so, I figured I'd try a few things on. One of them was the Given Then Gathered Column Dress in size S and 'neutral motif.' I have already tried the red version of this dress here before. The striped one is even better at camouflaging than the solid colour one. Reminds me a bit of the Maia Column Dress, although that one is more body-hugging.

Given Then Gathered Column Dress (similar here, here, here)

Next was an interesting top called the Skirted Shell size 2. This is the smaller of my two sizes at Anthro. The gold is not as noticeable in the website photos as it is in real life. It has an empire waist and it looks like I should have tied it at the back instead of the front. The tie was hanging when I grabbed it off the rack, so I just did what comes naturally. The 'gold' version is a bit sheer.


As you know, I am a sucker for pencil skirts, so naturally I had to try on the Sailing Lace Skirt. The website photo doesn't do this skirt justice, as it is much prettier in real life. It is a cotton/linen mix with an acetate lining, and has strips of applied lace. I am wearing size 4, or the larger of my 2 skirt sizes at Anthro, but it seems I am always a size 4 in Tabitha skirts. You may have seen the Slanted Layers Tee here before.

 Slanted Layers Tee
Sailing Lace Skirt (more lace skirts here, here, here)

A fun skirt right at the entrance was the Oroya Echo Skirt size 4. I chose size 4 to wear it lower on my hips in order to gain some length, since it is only 18.5" long. The colours of this skirt are just gorgeous.

 Oroya Echo Skirt 

That's about it for now. I was looking forward to try on the Foil Linen Blazer on, but the SA told me thwy wont' have that for another couple of weeks in the store.

Other pretties that caught my eye at Anthro:

Polka-dotted blazer
Patched surplus jacket
Level 99 sierra colored widelegs 
Malibu printed bermuda
Sweeping stripes maxi
Juliana patent pumps
 
Have you checked out Anthro lately? What did you think?

As always, thank you for reading and have a great rest of the week, everyone!

6 comments:

  1. That striped dress at the top of your post looks wonderful on you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the Oroya Echo Skirt on you, & the JCrew Malta midheel sandals look great with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Just Visiting! I thought the colours looked nicely together too! :)

      Delete
  3. The dress looks stunning on you!

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted.