Saturday, June 9, 2012

Trina Turk For Banana Republic

The first and only Trina Turk item I have ever had has been a make-up case I got with a Clinique bonus a few years back. I loved the colourful, playful patterns it had. You can get a similar one here.


I have read about the Trina Turk for Banana Republic collection a while back, and knew it had arrived at the store, but had no time to go see it. And while I was blinking, a large part of the collection flew right out of the window. Like this Crazy Botanical Top, size 4, all silk. The stores still have a few size of this top in stock, but I only see it online on the Canadian site. The skirt is the Tammy Sateen Skirt size 2 and 'grapefruit yellow.' This is one yellow I like and goes well with my skin.


Love the cute Trina Turk Sateen Two-Button Blazer with the under-collar colourful print fabric as well. I am wearing size 4, my normal jacket size at BR.

 

The same print can be seen on the Crazy Botanical Twist-Strap Dress. I am wearing size 4, my regular BR dress size.

Trina Turk Crazy Botanical Twist-Strap Dress (similar here, here, here) 

Other dresses from this collection at Banana Republic are:

Trina Turk Coachella One-Shoulder Dress has colours reminiscent of the Ashbury floral print from J. Crew. The cowlneck top in this print is already gone from the store, but I see it on the Canadian website. The store I visited only had one size 14 left. I see a similar print also from Trina Turk at Nordstrom in a 'Fiji Flower' top.


Other 'Coachella' items:


The Cowlneck top is the same cut as the Trina Turk Orange Silk Cowl-Neck Top, size 4. This one is also all silk, but the colour is more of a neon orange than I see on the website.


Other Trina Turk collection items I am liking:


Did you check out the new collection at BR? What did you think?

Thanks for visiting, and have a lovely rest of the weekend, everyone! The sun has decided to shine around here again, but it's still quite chilly.


9 comments:

  1. Hey, these prints are pretty fun! I tend not to pay much attention to BR. The quality is nice but I usually find the colours aren't me. These are great though- so vintage 70s!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a nice change for Banana Republic, for sure!

      Delete
  2. I saw the Collection yesterday and I thought the best items were the printed shorts and the orange cowlneck top. I might go back and try them on (I had no time yesterday). Thanks for the pics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The shorts are fun, for sure, just can't pull them off. :) I liked the cowlneck too!

      Delete
  3. I like seeing all of the Trina Turk pieces on everyone. The patterns aren't doing it for me and I'm not sure why. I like the 70s but I think these are a 70s theme that's not jiving with me ;). Thanks for sharing photos :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It depends on the patterns a lot too, I think. For example, I could never wear that green/yellow dress, but I'm sure it would look great on someone with dark hair.

      Delete

  4. gorgeous prints!!


    xx,
    Meelena

    www.TheSerialShopper.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are, aren't they? Thanks for visiting, Meelena?

      Delete
  5. I didn't think I'd like the Trina Turk collection and then I saw it on you. I love the top and pencil skirt together. It looks like I missed the boat though.
    Thanks for the reviews.

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted.