Saturday, June 2, 2012

Madewell - June (I)

I have been dragging my feet on this post since May, actually, but with good excuse. I have been moving and am finally in the new home that was supposed to be finished last September! Since I cannot stand clutter, I have been busy unpacking and getting everything in its proper place, but for now, I decided to take a short break from it.

So here are some of the photos I took on the trip to Madewell last month. If you read this blog regularly, you may recall from my post here, that the Garment-Dyed Pencilpoint Skirt was the last in the store and I grabbed it for a steal price. The blouse I am trying on is the beautiful Silk Cropped Utility Shirt size S and 'lighthouse' colour. This is my regualr shirt size at Madewell, but it is quite boxy and see-through. However, I do like it and would consider it. The shoes are the Patent Postscript Peep-Toe Wedge and I blogged about them previously as well.


The Shrunken Dropdot Shirt is also size S, but fits tighter than other shirts from Madewell I tried before. This is a beautiful blue colour called 'bloomsbury blue' and has embroidered dots on.


And as promised in the previous Madewell post, here are the Patent Gladiator Sandals in 'dusty clay.' I thought the 'gladiator' look was out already, but obviously I am mistaken. They are very comfortable, however, and fit TTS to wide. They do look better than in the first photo.

 

Favourites were the Basket Weave Sandals. These were also size 8, and 'felix red' colour. With a slightly elevated heel, I found them much more comfortable to walk in than the flat sandals above.

 

New arrivals made it on the Madewell website this past week, and I see lots of lovelies, as usual. Anything you like there?

That's it for now...  more later. Hope you all have a great weekend!


11 comments:

  1. Yay! Glad you showed the patent gladiators - I've been wanting to know how they fit :D

    Tasia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They actually look better than in the photo I took, and they are quite comfortable.

      Delete
  2. Congrats on your move! You must be exhausted! Take it easy and enjoy your new digs!

    I love the Basket Weave Sandals on you. I haven't seen anything like them elsewhere. MW is able to take the basics and elevate them.

    Thanks for the reviews!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Thanks, CC! I am exhausted and thrilled at the same time.

      Yes, those sandals are really cute IRL.

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on your new home! Wow, an eight month delay! Did your builder over promise on the occupancy date, or did they simply encounter delays? I'd be pretty darn aggravated with them. Did you found there were alot of things you could live without when it was time to pack and move? I love the 'just moved in feeling'... the new house smell, and the way the place looks before all your 'stuff' takes up the free space.

    Count me in the Basket Weave Sandal fanclub but ouch at the price tag.  Hopefully, they will come down a bit before summer is over.  I would like them in frozen mocha (brown) and true black. 

    Thanks for the reviews, and have fun settling in! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, JustVisiting! There was an initial date and that got extended. Yes, the waiting is not the best experience, I must say, but I am quite happy now.

      The Basket Weaves are adorable and let's keep our fingers crossed for a sale soon.

      Delete
  4. Glad to hear your move is complete and you are settling in. It's got to feel good after such a long wait.

    Seems we see gladiator sandals every summer and I am not a fan. They have to be one of the most unflattering styles ever. I saw a few new arrivals I liked: the soft silk boyshirt, Rxmance short-sleeve sweatshirt - although it's poly so probably won't bite, and the areacode bikini. Did you see the Undrest Cozumel pant? As Closet Crisis would say, cray-cray!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, xoxo! Yes, it is.

      I have never been a fan of them, but I think I can take them in more neutral colours -- they blend in better. The dark ones just make your leg look like it's been cut off, in my opinion.

      I always see something interesting at Madewell, but I am not sure how I would wear those pants -- or where, for that matter.

      Delete
  5. I just love that garment dyed skirt on you. A great price makes it twice as nice ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, gigi! I love it too!

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted.