Thursday, June 7, 2012

J. Crew No. 2 Pencil Skirt in Sovereign Paisley

I have been waiting quite a while for the Long No. 2 Pencil Skirt in Sovereign Paisley to arrive from the LOVEIT sale at JC. You have seen me trying this on here before. I wasn't sold on this at the beginning but seeing it again in the store on my FL trip, I started changing my mind. I am wearing size 2 and I am 5'6", for reference. The top is the Crochet Lace Front Tee. This is another item I ignored on last year, but I needed a navy top and figured this would work. The sandals are J. Crew's Nicola Platform Heels I got at the end of last season.

(More heart charms here, here, here, here, here)
Crochet Lace Front Tee (navy lace tops here, here, here)
(More paisley skirts here, here, here, here )
 J. Crew Nicola Platform Heels (similar here, here, here, here)

In the March post I commented that the pattern did not align on the side seams, but never paid attention to the back. The skirt in the photo on the website doesn't have a symmetrical pattern on the back. The one I have does:


I can't wait for the weather to warm up again, but June can be quite cold and rainy around these parts. This morning we had only 9 degrees Celsius! Like I said before, I could live in merino wool 10 months of the year here and no need to invest in too many sandals. This weekend I hope to finish unpacking the last few bits and pieces and then hit the beach (for walks, as I don't suntan) again.

Hope you are enjoying better weather than us! Thank you for reading, and have a great Friday, everyone!


15 comments:

  1. Sovereign paisley is one of my fave prints in a while. I had to try hard to keep getting the capris too. You look great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. This one grew on me. I wasn't sold on it at first. The SA I saw today was wearing the capris and looked great in them! Thanks very much, Lisa!

      Delete
  2. It's a lovely outfit you've put together! I love that paisley, wish the popover was a bit more wallet-friendly L :( Hope the sun comes out this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, CC! And here it is... :)

      Delete
  3. Great outfit! I hope the weather warms up for you soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, tiffany rose! I hope so too!

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous! I really love this skirt- it's such a neat combination of print and colours, and the touch of detail with the lace top is nice!

    I hope to actually get around to wearing mine soon- it's been waiting so long!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sarah! Looking forward to seeing you wear this too!

      Delete

Spam will be deleted.