Monday, June 25, 2012

J. Crew - June (V)

A few more photos of new JC arrivals I took during the last couple of weeks. First is the Dizzy Anchors Dress size 4. It's slightly tight across the torso on me. I felt the length was good for a change -- since most of the dresses I tried at JC in the last couple of years have been really short. I cracked up at the description of this dress on the website. Apparently the writer is jealous of the JC designer Grace who got the inspiration for this dress while on vacation in Greece. Okaaaay!...

Dizzy Anchors Dress (similar here, here, here, here)

Next is the Smocked Top in Dapple Dot. I am wearing size XS and it's still loose on me. Armholes are just too big, and the edges are too flimsy. As far as I am concerned, no, you did not 'nail it.' (Another over the top website description, in case you are wondering what I'm talking about).

Smocked Top in Dapple Dot (similar here, here, here)

The Filigree Embroidered Jacket size 4 has the same construction as previous years' jackets, with the exception of the sleeves. These ones are a bit longer, not bracelet sleeves. The fabric is pretty, a 'champagne' colour, like the label says. Notice the No. 2 Pencil Skirt in Double-Serge Cotton in 'natural' is lighter colour than the background of the jacket. It's very pretty, but I fear this would end up a 'special occasion' item and wouldn't get much wear. I am surprised to see it is already on sale on the website.

Filigree Embroidered Jacket
No. 2 Pencil Skirt in Double-Serge Cotton (similar here, here, here)

If you love the maritime theme, you might also like the Cotton Crepe Cardigan in Anchors Aweigh. I am trying size S on. (Oh, and mention of Grace's Greek islands getaway is made again). The skirt has been in the store for a couple of weeks already. It is the High-Waisted Denim Pencil Skirt in Farmstand Wash. This  is size 27, or the same size as the Flare Jeans from J. Crew and the Garment-Dyed Pencilpoint Skirt from Madewell I wear. LOVE this denim skirt and I wish-listed it. The wedges are the Sevigne Washed Leather Wedges I got at the end of last summer. A close-up of them can be seen here.

Cotton Crepe Cardigan in Anchors Aweigh
High-Waisted Denim Pencil Skirt in Farmstand Wash (similar here, here, here)
 J. Crew Sevigne Washed Leather Wedges (similar here, here, here)

And lastly for now, the Dree Dress in Deck Stripe. It looked promising on the website as the description says it falls to the knee, just not sure on whom (I am 5'6"). I am wearing size 4 here. I would love this to be  4 inches longer and with no elastic waist, and then I could wear a nice belt with it.

Dree Dress in Deck Stripe (similar here, here, here)

Also, the Malta Midheel Sandals are on their way and hopefully they will fit. I will make sure to review them when I receive them.

As far as I know, the local JC store still has the 30% sale items going on. The sale section was bursting with various items, including shoes.

Hope you are all having a great beginning of the week. Thank you for reading!

11 comments:

  1. The Dree dress is a couple inches above my knees and I'm only 5'2".

    Ooo I love the filigree jacket on you! Mine will be here in a couple days, thinking I'd wear it with jeans or capris or maybe linen trousers to keep it less dressy. That is assuming I like how it looks on me. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The jacket is adorable, I agree. I'm certain you will love it.

      Delete
  2. I think the jacket is lovely but I just don't suit short boxy jackets.
    I'm laughing at yiur comments on the daft descriptions!
    When is the August rollout? I'm dizzy with anticipation. Not there's a comment for mocking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, T.! I am guessing in less than 2 weeks we will see the next rollout.

      Delete
  3. I saw the jacket in store and was intrigued but I didn't like the zipper pockets. I have to get over my zipper hangup I suppose, although I was fine with it having a main zip closure so I don't know why I balked at the pockets.

    I wouldn't be jealous of anyone visiting Greece, my company has issued a travel advisory because it is deemed unsafe. Maybe the islands are OK but much of Athens is a no-go zone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. xoxo: wow that is incredible, that seems a tad extreme!

      Delete
    2. Yes, I had a problem with a zipper on the pocket as well, but since I won't be using them, I would wear them shut always.

      About the travel advisory, I am not sure how unsafe it is for tourists. A consultant I work with returned from there and didn't mention not feeling safe.

      Delete
  4. You look great in that denim pencil! You'll have to stalk/watch this one. It's a great basic, and completely in your wheelhouse. Your "dialog" with the Copy Writer From Space had me laughing. Thanks for the reviews, and the link love in your last post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Darn right I will be stalking it. I purged my old Esprit one (not sure why, since it was a similar shape and looked great still), so now I am without a longer denim skirt.

      You are very welcome, cc!

      Delete
  5. You look amazing in a filigree jacket- the fabric is easily one of the prettiest from JCrew I've seen. You are tall and slim and jacket fits you beautifully, wish it was the case for me as I was truly enamored.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Slastena! You are too kind. :) I think you look gorgeous, so not sure what you're talking about there...

      Delete

Spam will be deleted.