Monday, June 4, 2012

J. Crew - June (l)

I snapped another photo of the colourful display of bracelets among similarly coloured sweaters and tops at JC. See the 'blue' one here.


Flowy Cami in Polka Dots size S is an accident waiting to happen on me. The thin straps are not adjustable. It might look better with shorter straps. Has a back zipper.


Collection Silk Cargo Pants size 4. Size 2, or the usual pant size at JC were too tight. I drooled over these when they first appeared on the website. The fabric is quite substantial but very stiff. No matter how I moved, I couldn't help but notice the funny creasing of the pant in the crotch area. No, thank you. Too bad, as I think they are quite different looking.

Collection Silk Cargo Pants (similar here, here, here)

The 9" Shorts in Antique Paisley size 2 fit great and will consider them. The fabric is cotton with some stretch, and is quite substantial.

9" Shorts in Antique Paisley (similar here, here, here)

I liked this blue paisley pattern and here are some more items in the same motif:

Smocked Top in Antique Paisley

Antique Paisley Tunic

This past weekend I also managed to make it to the beach again for a walk and an ice cream. If you happen to visit White Rock, BC, you have to stop for a Foresta Nera ice cream cone at the Dolce Gelato shop. It's right at the pier.


Thanks for stopping by, and have a great Tuesday, everyone!

12 comments:

  1. Oh the bangles look amazing together, I love those shades.
    I had my eye on those cargos, I've no idea where I would wear them too, but good to know they probably won;don't work anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are my favourite colours too. I agree... hard to wear such fancy cargos every day.

      Delete
  2. I saw those pants in NYC, I like them too. But after my navy ones ripped I may never buy pants again!
    White Rock, I've heard it's beautiful and it sure looks it from your photo. My brother lives in Tofino. He went for a holiday several years ago and he never came back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CC pointed out that the seams may not be strong enough, so you never know...

      I've been to Tofino -- very pretty too!

      Delete
  3. I'm loving the bangles - the bracelets, not the band. ;) I think I'll plan a fall/winter of pretty colored bangles, & soft, colorful long-sleeve cashmere tee's.

    Did you find the Flowy cami to feel more like a sleepwear item? I touched the stripe version at the b&m last week, where it was already marked down, & was shocked it was so thin & flimsy.

    Thanks for the pic.'s & reviews. Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These shades would look very pretty, I agree.

      Yes, hard to believe anyone can wear that confidently on the street. :D

      Thanks for dropping in!

      Delete
  4. Oh, that polka dot camo is so cute, but there is no way those skinny straps would hold my ladies up well.
    I'm sad that the silk cargo pants were a no-go. I loved them when I saw them on the website, but it seems like they are similar in feel as the silk foulard pants which I've tried on a while ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely a malfunction that could happen! :) I haven't tried the foulard ones, but will do that on my next trip.

      Delete
  5. Ooh, the antique paisley is such a pretty print, I adore it in the smocked top.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is similar to the factory modern red paisley, in my opinion... very pretty!

      Delete
  6. I love the Antique paisley print! I'd be happy to grab the shorts..on sale :o) Thnx for the nice reviews!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, Andrea! They would be fun to wear at the beach!

      Delete

Spam will be deleted.