Wednesday, June 13, 2012

J. Crew - June (III)

Earlier this week I got an e-mail about the 30% off sale at the B&M store. I also knew some new arrivals will be in the store, so naturally I had to visit. The only time I saw the store so busy was the first weekend the store opened. People were actually lined up for the fitting rooms!

No. 2 Pencil Skirt in Circle Eyelet looks deceivingly yellow on my monitor both in my photo and on the J. Crew website, but I assure you this is more like a neon green in real life. I suspect a lot of ladies who will be ordering this instead of purchasing in the store will be surprised at the difference in colour. That said, I liked the skirt and I think it would look great with a white or a navy top. I am trying on size 2 here, or my regular pencil skirt size at JC. The top I am wearing is the Angular Eyelet Top in size S and 'white.' It's a similar to the Ring-Around Eyelet Top I tried on here before. The difference is that the Angular one has buttons all the way down the back.


No. 2 Pencil Skirt in Deck Stripe is also size 2. The fabric is linen/cotton and looks lovely.


Tippi Sweater in Heart Me size S is similar to the thicker Heart Me sweater from last winter. You can see that one here. There is also a green one with a pink heart. The pants are the Luxe Utility Pants that I have been eyeing to get to sale for a while. They are extremely comfortable and will be perfect for the summer. 

Tippi Sweater in Heart Me (similar here, here, here)

I loved the Pipe Dream Hoodie from last year, and I love this year's again. It's a very soft slub cotton. I'm wearing size S  in 'black,' which has very fine black and white stripes. There are 2 other colours as well.


 Pipe Dream Hoodie (similar here, here, here)

The Linen Sparkle Scoopneck Sweater size S. The colours remind me a lot of the Metallic Meshwork Sweatertop in 'metallic peweter' from Madewell. This fits large and is a large gauge knit, so you will need to layer something underneath. I am wearing a tank top and it's still pretty big on me.


Drawstring Tunic in Stripe (size XS) fits large (yet short, since it's a tunic, not a dress), so size down in this one. The fabric is nice and substantial, comparable to the other Maritime dresses. I tried this on a while back, but didn't have the chance to post the photos.

 

Good scores in store right now:

No. 2 pencil skirt in garden floral (IRL photo here) on sale in the Vancouver store for CAD52.99 minus 30%. I think I will be wearing this quite a few summers.
Lace stripe shell (IRL photo here) The 'marrakech purple' was already marked down to $20.99, so subtract 30% from that. The others were priced over $30 (can't recall if it was $30.99 or $32.99).
Luxe utility pants were priced at $53.99 minus 30%. 

Check out Gigi's blog for a comprehensive list of sale items and prices.

Have you seen any of the new arrivals? What did you like? Have you snagged any good deals in your store?

14 comments:

  1. I love the yellow eyelet skirt- if I could I would own eyelet skirts in every color, lol. I have white and black from years before. I saw Heart Tippi too and it's a nicely made sweater, but... I am so unexcited about colors it came in and merino now??? I am hoping there will be new releases in diff. colors for the Fall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, I cannot seem to get enough of eyelet skirts! Or pants, or tops ...

      I love hearts but you're right, the colors are not making me think they are a must.

      Delete
    2. Hi Slastena! Hard to believe the merino is out already. Bu tin places like ours, it's justified. I like the grey/blue combo, although how many heart sweaters can one own? I already have the red one from the winter.

      Delete
    3. Hi tiffany rose! Love the eyelet skirt and tops too.

      Yes, once you have one, do you really need another one? :)

      Delete
  2. ROSE any idea when this sale will end?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The PS was unable to tell me, although she thought through the weekend, hopefully.

      Delete
  3. The striped pencil skirt is soooo cute. I thought the metallic sweater looked similar to the Madewell one. Did you notice any differences in terms of quality, fit?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi maryeb! I agree with you about the skirt. I believe the Madewell sweater had some poly in it, and was fitting large in comparison, plus it was more cropped.

      Delete
  4. Oh, I love the eyelet skirt, but I wish it were true yellow. I don't know if I can do neon green. Thanks for the reviews!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I said that too, and then I think this green kind of grows on you.

      Delete
  5. Thank you for trying on the sparkle sweater! That's one of the few items that really caught my eye in the new rollout. Do you think sizing down would help the fit issue? Is it more of a copper or gold?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It might solve it, but it is supposed to be a 'relaxed' look kind of sweater. It is more copper than gold.

      Delete
  6. I saw the eyelet skirt last week and was also really surprised by the colour. The sparkle sweater looks pretty interesting - must look for it during my next visit. Thanks for these reviews!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Traffic stopper, isn't it? :) I like that sweater, large gauge knit and all, but the Madewell one is on sale right now, so it may be a good alternative.

      Delete

Spam will be deleted.