Thursday, June 28, 2012

J. Crew 'Dark Pumpkin' Pencil Skirt & Tessa Top

Earlier I received the Factory Printed Skirt in Stretch Cotton ('dark pumpkin,' size 2). I missed out in this skirt last year and never thought of it again until I saw the beautiful sateen it was made of in the factory store. It was still full price in the store, but with the promos on the website I was able to snag this for much, much less. I figured the Tessa Top I got about a month ago would be a nice match for it. It's a size smaller than I normally take (this one's a 0). The Tessa Top is actually a purple, but when I paired it with the skirt I couldn't tell the blue in the skirt wasn't a purple -- if you know what I mean.

You may have seen the Tessa Top on me here before.

Then I took out the Julienne sandals I got almost two years ago at the end of the season. They didn't get much wear from me, and once I had them on for a while, I remembered why: they are tight across the arch of the foot (I have a high arch). That was a lesson on not getting shoes on final sale, even if they were about $35.

Tessa Top (similar here, here, here)
J. Crew Multi-Stud & Crystal Belt (similar here, here, here)
J. Crew Beehive Pendant (seen here)(similar here, here, here)
J. Crew Julienne  Heels (similar here, here, here)(If I had oodles of dough here)

And here's a photo I forgot to post in my last review post. This is the Wixon Purse in the 'henna' colour. I find it always hard to judge the size of J. Crew bags until I can take a photo of me wearing them. They always seem tiny in the website photos. This one is quite a nice size for a shoulder/across the body bag. In case you're wondering, I'm not doing a two-step with the mannequin. :)) I was going to crop it out, but I thought it was so funny, I had to show it to you!


As always, thank you for reading and have a great Friday, everyone!

2 comments:

  1. LOL at the 2 step with the mannequin. Love your OOTD! The colours are fabulous on you.

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted.