Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Anthro - June (II)

Last weekend I had the chance to pop into Anthro and try on a few things. 

Oleander Openwork Shift size 6. This is my larger of the 2 dress sizes at Anthro. It's beautiful and I've wanted to see it in person ever since it appeared on the website. The fabric is substantial, and the embroidery on the front is gorgeous. This could easily be a summer wedding dress if you are not into white, elaborate gowns. The black version of this can be that LBD every woman should have in her wardrobe. I didn't notice the black one in the store, so I am not sure they have it.

Oleander Openwork Shift (similar here, here, here, here)

The Stellar Remnants Dress size M looks like a fun summer tank dress. I am either a size S or M in the 'Column' dresses. I think S would have been tight on me.

Stellar Remnants Dress (similar here, here)

Patch Pocket Trousers (item 24557399) size 4 and 'bronze.' This my 'usual' Anthro pants size, it seems. I loved these on both 'bronze' and 'pink' and if they make it to sale, I'll grab one of the 2 colours. They are extremely comfortable and the fabric is extremely soft, and the colour is more lively than the website photos shows. I am showing the detail of the pocket and the buttons in the second photo. The top is the Basketweave Tee size S. It's a bit sheer and low cut, but I liked the shape and the detail in the front.


I am also liking at Anthro:


I still like the Parted Paisley Tank and am hoping for it to go on sale. I've blogged about it here before. The local store had quite a few of the Tiered Petunia Tanks on sale, which I also blogged about here before.

The Love Letters Sheets I got earlier this year from Anthro look really great in my new bedroom, but it's quite a feat ironing them, let me tell you.

What are you liking at Anthro these days?

12 comments:

  1. Rose, we have such similar tastes. I love both Anthro and JCrew just as you do and I love love your reviews. I am in love with Damia Strapless Chemise dress and want one really badly. I tried it on during my lunch and have been thinking about it since then. Any thoughts?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Salstena! If you want a nice strapless, have a look at the Gap one I blogged about here or the Madewell Hammock Maxi Dress I showed here. For me it would be a toss-up between the two. The Gap has a nice, thick fabric you may like, while the Madewell has a cute, slimming pattern they way it's been cut. HTH Let me know what you chose.

      Delete
  2. I love the Oleander Shift. I bought it in black though I don't need it, and can't bring myself to return it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, JulieStyles, and why should you? It's a classic you can wear for many, many years. Lovely choice!

      Delete
    2. Oh you know-reasons for return: budget, money for fall clothes, needs minor alterations, how often am I really gonna wear it....though I think it would work with a jacket or cardi as a more casual look....

      Delete
  3. I love that first dress, it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I love it too! Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  4. Thanks for stopping by so I could find your lovely blog! Those trou (would love to see the pink too) look superb on you, beautiful fit and yet so casual too - so much so that I'm tempted to pop on in and try them on too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting! Thank you! I'm sure you will love them too!

      Delete
  5. Hammock dress looks promising- I've got to try it on. The dot skirt is lovely- it was styled beautifully in lookbook.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck with your choice. If you go to the Gap, look the black one up too. The photos I took look bad because the mirror was all stained, unfortunately.

      Delete
  6. The Oleander shift is such a classic beauty! And thanks for the review of the Stellar Remnants dress- I am intrigued by the inspiration for it, but alas it is not the right dress for me!

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted.