Monday, May 28, 2012

Three J. Crew Dresses

I love how the store had these lovely bracelet racks arranged among outfits in the similar colour palette. The Stripe Crystal Stretch Bracelet is more of an evening piece, as it is way more sparkly in real life than in my photo. I have my eye on the Cabochon & Crystal Stretch Bracelet in the lighter blue colour. I don't see that piece on the website, but there were plenty in the store.



On to the clothes, I tried on the Stripe Button-Front Dress size S. The armholes are cut quite low, and the waist is high on me. It might look better with a belt on. The fabric is a substantial knit, similar to the Maritime Dress.

Stripe Button-Front Dress (similar here)(a maxi here)

The Amie Maxidress in Whisper Gauze size S and 'neon persimmon fits TTS and hits me at the ankle. I am 5'6", for reference. I paired it with the Whisper Linen Cardigan in blue sea, size S. It's a great, longer cardigan for the summer, and it comes in 8 other colours, I was surprised to see.

Amie Maxidress in Whisper Gauze (similar here, here, here)
Whisper Linen Cardigan (similar here, here, here)
Summer Stretch Belt (size S/M)(similar here, here)

Embossed Dress item # 83826 size 4 colour 'DPE' (deep perwinkle?) it's not on the website yet. This is my most common dress size at JC. See the white version on Audreybella here. The fabric is quite light, but the skirt sure has a lot of it. I found the armholes also cut a bit low for me. Edit: this is called the Puckered Dress.

Puckered Dress (similar here, here, here)

And here is the Margate Satchel in the 'stormy sea' colour. I had a photo of the 'cedar plank' here and of the Margate Purse in the previous post, if you are interested in seeing proportions.


Ebates is offering 6% cash back on J. Crew purchases right now, so ensure you place your order through them.

As always, thanks for dropping by, and have a great beginning of the week!

6 comments:

  1. thanks for the great reviews!
    does the gauze amie dress feel soft and do you think it can only be worn to the beach?
    is it worth the price?
    TIA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ina! Thanks for visiting! The fabric is soft, but the dress is lined, so you can wear this out and about, and not just at the beach. It's on sale right now, but frankly, still overpriced for what it is, in my opinion. You might want to wait for another % off.

      Delete
  2. LOVE the belted neon persimmon maxi dress with the blue cardi! And those bracelets! I already bought the narrow bangle in the hydrangea color. There are so many pretty colors lately. I tell myself it is ok to splurge and buy the items I love now because these colors are not always available but then they churn out more.

    Thanks for the reviews!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, JustVisiting! I always fall for jewelry both at JC and Madewell! Some pieces are hard to resist, aren't they?

      Delete
  3. Nice to see the embossed beach dresses make a comeback, I used to love those and thought they were quite popular. Thanks for the reviews Rose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping in, xoxo! The embossed fabric is wonderful!

      Delete

Spam will be deleted.