Friday, May 18, 2012

J. Crew New Arrivals Wishlist

This weekend I will definitely be making a stop at JC to drool over some new arrivals. On first look, I noticed quite a few lovelies, probably more than in the previous roll-outs.

I like this construction of the JC cropped jackets, and the Plaid Boucle Tweed Jacket is at the top of my wishlist. It is similar in cut to the Honey Tweed and the Verona blazers I own.


A pencil skirt AND in tweed? Count me in. I get numerous compliments on my pencil skirts, by the way. Like rynetta says, I haven't met a pencil skirt I didn't like.

No. 2 Pencil Skirt in Gingham Tweed

Love the white cardigan-blue stripes combo and the longer length of this cardi:

Featherweight Cashmere Stripe Cardigan

A nice spin on the large polka dots in the Polly Popover in Silk-Screen Dot, but I would like to know how lightweight the 'lightweight cotton' really is.

Polly Popover in Silk-Screen Dot

Vintage Cotton Tee in Ikat has a pretty ikat design. On second look, scratch that off the list, as the fabric is a cotton/poly blend, which I cannot wear.


Luxe Utility Pants you have already seen in the previous post. They are extremely comfortable to wear.

Luxe Utility Pants

Caspian Paisley Triangle Halter Top reminds me of the Casbah print from last year:

Caspian Paisley Triangle Halter Top

This is my (modest) wishlist from the new arrivals. What does yours look like?




16 comments:

  1. Thanks SO much for the link love! J. Crew pencil skirts are the best, and you wear them extremely well!!! I had the same tweed pencil skirt on my wishlist until I noticed that it doesn't come in my size. Bummer. I love your wishlist. I'm adding the Polly Popover to my list; it's super cute. I can't wait to see your reviews and IRL pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome, rynetta! Can't wait to see your IRL photos and reviews!

      Delete
  2. Rose, did you try the gingham tweed skirt yet? I'm curious about the fabric content, how much of it is cotton. I get so hot in the acrylic blends but if it were almost all cotton I would give this one a try.

    Otherwise my wish list was just the porcelain paisley skirt and it's already shipped out. I hope it's a winner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not yet, xoxo, and haven't even seen it in the store. I may try the local B&M. I did try the porcelain skirt and while it is cute, it is not my style.

      Delete
  3. Looks like lots of cute stuff this time around...I really like the styling of the tweed pencil skirt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I thought so too, Sue! I like it too! :)

      Delete
  4. Love your wishlist Rose. Can't wait to see your IRL pics!! I am going this weekend as well and I am hoping my B&M has some of these beauties. I love the Boucle tweed jacket, I know my store will not have that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, MB! If they don't have it, you have not missed much, in my opinion. I was disappointed in it.

      Delete
  5. Quite a lot in my imaginary shopping basket, I wish I could buy sans taxes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, in mine too! I guess another trip to LA is in order... :)

      Delete
  6. 's funny - I got a tee absolutely identical to the Ikat one last month. At Joe Fresh. For $8. It's a lovely weight and 100% cotton, unlike JC's (how can they call it "vintage cotton" if it's not?). Sometimes I have to wonder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip. I will now have to check out Joe Fresh as well.

      Delete
  7. I have a few things too on my wishlist, o promo where art though?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's about time we got one, isn't it?

      Delete
  8. cute bikini! great wish list :)

    check out my blog? xx

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted.