Saturday, May 26, 2012

J. Crew - May (V)

Have you had enough of J. Crew yet? I know, what a silly question! We just got a new store in town recently, and we are nowhere near saturation point yet. Personally, I would like to see another JC in a mall. As I previously whined, parking on Robsonstrasse or around the area is the absolute pits almost anytime of the day, maybe except very early Sunday morning. But for now, we'll take what we can. :)

Here I am trying on the Lucille Dress size 4 and 'field green.' I managed to squeeze in it (torso) just barely, but needed zipper rescue on this one. I guess that's one of the dangers of having a tight dress paired with a back zipper. This is my 'usual' dress size at JC, if there is such a thing. Later I tried on size 6, and this one fits much better. This dress is a beautiful cotton/silk fabric and feels luxurious. I know JCAs will appreciate the pockets on this one. 

Lucille Dress in Cotton-Silk Faille (size 4)

Lucille Dress in Cotton-Silk Faille (size 6)(similar here, here, here)

Sailor Boatneck Tee size XS and 'maraschino cherry' is the correct size in this one. Usually I wear size S in tops at JC. This top is a good thickness and would consider it (if I don't get striped out soon) in the 'dazzling sun' colour. It comes in two other colours, if you are interested.

Sailor Boatneck Tee (similar here, here, here)

Lace Placket Tee size S and 'cerise' fits well and is a comfortable top. I didn't like the deep V and would pass on it for that reason alone.

 Lace Placket Tee (similar here, here, here)

And this was the newest addition to the shop on my last visit: Emmeline Glitter Espadrilles here in size 8. The length was a good fit, but felt the piece across cutting into my foot and not comfortable at all. I also thought they were a bit much for a canvas shoe with all that glitter.

 Emmeline Glitter Espadrilles (similar here, here, here)
(Identical in snakeskin print here)

Lastly, the Margate Purse in 'stormy sea' colour. Similarly to the Tillary Purse I blogged about here before, this bag can also be turned into a clutch. I like this purse and the colour. I also love the Margate Satchel I blogged about here before.

Margate Purse (similar here, here

That's it for now. Have a great weekend, everyone! 

18 comments:

  1. The green Lucille is my dream dress for this summer. Thanks for the review!

    www.ohwellstatslife.blogspot.com

    T

    ReplyDelete
  2. The green Lucille dress is beautiful. I wonder if you can help me with a sizing question...I was researching the J Crew Raj Paisley maxidress and came across your review...I was wondering if you could tell me your bust/waist measurements so I could get an idea of what size to order in this dress? I don't see them referenced anywhere on your blog...

    Thank you!

    -Sharon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting, Sharon! 36B/27 and I am 5'6". HTH

      Delete
  3. The Lucille dress is on my wishlist - just waiting for it to go on sale! Love the green colour. Hope you are having a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you get the dress. Thanks, Louise, and hope you had a great one too!

      Delete
  4. Hi Rose, I am so glad to see you had to size up one too on the Lucille dress in silk faille. I tried my "usual" Jcrew size and couldn't get out of it either. I have been pretty down about my weight gain lately and it is just nice to here that "maybe" it was the dress and not me. Thanks always for your great reviews!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting, Shekster! It's definitely a smaller fit than the other dresses.

      Delete
  5. Hi Rose
    Carolyn from Vancouver here...
    I would have liked J crew in a different location as well. I rarely go shopping on Robson...parking one of the reasons.I hit Seattle this weekend. The downtown store was very nice and well stocked.I hit U Village as well but not Bellevue. The SA in the downtown store told me not to bother. She said they were the main store and none of the others would have as much as they have. I checked out the margate but no stores had the satchel so I missed out. I will wait to see if there is a promo soon and ship it to Bellingham...as you know this will save me $70 so its worth it.
    I agree with you that nothing of J crew warrants full price. The quality matches many others at a lower price...the only thing I love are the colors and prints of J Crew but for there prices I would want higher quality fabrics. The downtown store to U Village was only 10mins or so. Nordstroms Rack was FABULOUS...a must for my trips down south now. Still hoping for sale rack in Van store to up and running....Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.S one of the (very young) SA's tried to get me to buy a pair of shoes(sale)that were too big for me. I actually had to look her in the eye and tell her " no I don't buy things that do not fit even if they are on sale" It really bothered me and also ...no I did not need to know which bracelet was her personal favorite...I guess I was pretty tired of shopping by now and left the store. carolyn

      Delete
    2. Thanks for visiting! The Bellevue store usually has more purses than all the others. I would have asked the SA to call and find out.

      Delete
    3. Rose she told me if they didn't have the satchel... no other store in Seattle would "as they are THE main store" but next time I will ask them to phone regardless because JCA's have more knowledge of whats really out there. Thanks
      in both stores the SA's I dealt with were irritating...or maybe it was me

      Delete
    4. I understand why she would say that, but the bags are usually online purchases returned to the store, so the in-store stock varies a lot. If they don't have an item in a store, they usually offer to call another store for me, or I ask them to do it.

      Delete
  6. Looks like you are having fun visiting the new Vancouver store. As for the glitter shoes - Oh my eyes! Am I the only person who sees glitter slipper shoes and thinks of elderly ladies with blue hair?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, but it's worrisome when the SA says "nice to see you two again." LOL Yes, I thought you might a chuckle out of those shoes.... ;)

      Delete

Spam will be deleted.